Welcome To aBlackWeb

95 Year Old GrandFather Comes Out As Gay After Spending 90 Years In The Closet

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
Can you imagine what it must feel like to be compelled to guard your sexuality as a secret from friends and family for 90 years?
Roman is 95-years-old and has known he was gay since he was five, but only came out a year ago, meaning he lived with his secret for 90 years without a telling a soul of the reality of his sexuality.

The story of Roman’s life has been an extraordinary one; having escaped the Holocaust in World War II he moved to America with his wife, with whom he stayed married for 67 years; the pair have two children together, as well as five grandchildren.

Now, at the age of 95, he has written another chapter in his life story, one that had remained a secret for most of his life, and clearly took a moment of extreme bravery to finally share.

In an interview with YouTuber Davey Wavey, Roman discussed how it had felt to come out as gay to his family, although his wife had known that he was gay since the birth of their second child together.

“There were certain things I wanted to the world to know” he says, “I just told them I was born and was, all my life, gay.”

“I told them the whole tragedy of my life and then they understood what happened to me. Can you imagine 90 years to be in the closet?”

Awww. I'm so happy he is finally at peace and living in his truth

0746bb47882626967d7f73a2daaee80f.gif

90 years he stayed in the closet, he should have stayed in for another 10 years.

The end is coming

What a waste of life. He should've been came out and lived his life happily himself.

Yea,, ain't too much he can really do with it at this point....

I mean, I'm quite sure everybody close to him knew by this point...

Ain't nobody that good at secret keeping

Ultimate ether to his wife though,, being married to a gay nigga for decades??

She knew after the second kid,, and they stay married foot for 60+ years.....

I bet money she had to check herself in to a mental hospital at least once in her life

Ultimate ether to his wife though,, being married to a gay nigga for decades??

She knew after the second kid,, and they stay married foot for 60+ years.....

I bet money she had to check herself in to a mental hospital at least once in her life

I mean consider the times.

He wasn't able to come out. I mean even after his 2nd child the 60s 70s 80s was a rough time for gay people.

Still is.

Man, you gotta Feel some kinda coward when braver gays were going hard though out all them decades

What a waste of life. He should've been came out and lived his life happily himself.
His wife knew since the birth of his second child. They could've divorced after that but if I'm reading the article correct, she chose to stay long enough for them to be married 67 years.

His wife knew since the birth of his second child. They could've divorced after that but if I'm reading the article correct, she chose to stay long enough for them to be married 67 years.

That's hella odd. If I knew, I would've dipped.

Y'all looking at exactly how I am....

I know people quick to celebrate, but I'm like look at lives effected....

That's a long time to be married to some one who is not attracted to you.

Like I don't understand the point of "coming out" if you married and your wife knew..... Unless you are leaving her to pursue a relationship with a man....

Like, that's just the ultimate humiliation of your wife imo

She shouldve let that man go and be free and gay as can be. Now he 95. He can't even enjoy being gay now.

Its easier said than done.
Like I said, consider the times.

A lot of people live and die in the closet.

Back