Welcome To aBlackWeb

6 Dr. Seuss books won't be published anymore because they portray people in 'hurtful and wrong' ways

if you ever watched the old school Tom & Jerry cartoons the character Mammy Two Shoes was racist to me...... how come she had to be the big black loud housekeeper with the bad english?

How about Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny's whole dynamics?

How did they succeed to make of an expy from some folk South black American hero originating from a mythical African demigod/folk hero (Bugs) a symbol of white supremacy over a stereotypical black man (Duck) ?

Treading a dangerous line with altering all these previously published things that are now being altered to hide the original content.

If the writer was a racist and published racist shit, donā€™t cover over it and make the author out to be something that he isnā€™t. Show him as the racist he is and allow people to make their own decision on wether to purchase from said author.

only be so long before they start rewriting history to cover up mass genocide and all other human atrocities to make the world seem a better place.

fact is life is ugly as is the world, stop trying to make everything have a face of perfection.
This is already and has been happening...especially with textbooks in American schools

Supposedly, there was a point he was making with this one. Something to the effect of capitalism and commoditization can be built up to eventually justify all kinds of evils. I can't say I necessarily get that from this image though, so I don't know. Use of the N word and the blackface depiction of blacks are bad, but they were also commonplace at the time.

I'm not really sure what to take from this other than at worst, Dr. Seuss was pretty much like every other white person back then.

Supposedly, there was a point he was making with this one. Something to the effect of capitalism and commoditization can be built up to eventually justify all kinds of evils. I can't say I necessarily get that from this image though, so I don't know. Use of the N word and the blackface depiction of blacks are bad, but they were also commonplace at the time.

I'm not really sure what to take from this other than at worst, Dr. Seuss was pretty much like every other white person back then.
1615307652640.gif

Don't get it twisted. I'm not saying I believe the justification. I'm just saying I saw that debate and that's what people were saying about the book as a whole and how that image fit into it.

Aside from that, I'm not really sure what people expected. The majority of white people at that time were openly racist.
Black face kills whatever ā€œpointā€ they were trying to make

Back