Welcome To aBlackWeb

50 Cent Calls Out The Rest of G-Unit ...... Again

So is it possible for Yayo, Banks, Buck and Kidd Kidd to make an album and go on tour without 50?

Edit. and Olivia

Or would they have to use a different name?

I've always wondered what happens to the members of a crew when the crew breaks up and the star gets rid of all the dead weight.

There's a handful of crews from over the past 20 years where the one artist was a star and the rest of the crew were just hype men, or a tax write off, or a weed carrier.

i think before the gay shit buck was getting book for shows but his problem is that he kept getting locked up .

So you niggas think you'd keep the same energy after having a few mill?
Nas and Hov did.

Shit even eminem has stepped up his fast flow game.

I just think if you pamper people too much, they don't know how to move without you.

Someone mentioned D12 and they were spot on

Swift could've been next up

I saw a Freeway interview on Youtube. He was talking about his career after the Roc breakup. I'll post it on another thread.

I don't think he's talking down G-unit, he's just responding to what people have been asking him recently. I think it's 50's frustration of what could have been vs what happened.

It's true Banks drops mixtapes but doesn't ever make videos or promote his shit, honestly I don't even think Banks is signed anymore and when his money get low it's the only time he'll tour. Same goes for Yayo and Buck. If they were consistent they could have had illustrious careers. The quality of music is definitely there they just don't make an effort to promote it.

What must also be understood tho is that perhaps the other members of G-Unit have grown complacent and just ok with what they have. That includes Kidd Kidd btw. If it were me I would have taken advantage in a major way and even try to land spots on power but again not everyone is like that.

What you posted makes sense, but there's another way of looking at it.

Some people just aren't cut out to be superstars. Some people don't like cameras flashing, people coming up to them and asking for autographs, living on a tour bus for months on end, etc.

I could understand how Tony Yayo might feel like he has a platinum album and he's been to the top.

In other words, some people crave the attention, other people are good at rapping but they don't want to live the lifestyle of an entertainer.

Did 50 instill the work ethic tho?....i mean lets be honest Yayo came home to fur coats and 3-somes and 6 or 7 figures in his bank account...wtf is gonna work hard after that...and EVERYONE went platinum off of the 50-cent co-sign...again...who's gonna work hard after that....he's right with what he's saying but did he really instill the work ethic he really wanted them to have?....his crew in his movie worked harder than G-unit....lmaoooo
That's a good point. I'm sure you could have a tour with every G-Unit member other than 50 and people would still leave disappointed

You gotta remember as well, tours cost money. and time. You gotta wonder if it's worth both of those, especially if you have to finance your own tour. You're not even guaranteed a profit.

You gotta remember as well, tours cost money. and time. You gotta wonder if it's worth both of those, especially if you have to finance your own tour. You're not even guaranteed a profit.

Team up with investors within that business and you'll be fine. Or round up a team and build that way. The way I look at it, their foot is already in, it's just making the right moves and things will be straight. Everyone takes a loss at some point anyway, but that shouldn't be a reason why they are so stagnant. Think about it, the real money is in touring and merch sales. Unless Yayo, Banks and Buck have other business ventures going on, they aren't really caking off their album/single sales like that.

If you ask me, Banks should be where Pusha is as far as the brand goes right now. Yayo should be where Nore is, dabbling within the industry doing other shit to keep his brand alive and mixing in with other people. I said this before about Buck some months ago where he should take a page from 2 Chainz. Buck's music is the best out of the entire group IMO. His brand should be solid amongst this generation's OG list with the TIs, Jeezys, Ross', etc. honestly.

I think that's what 50 ultimately been trying to say from time... keep working so the entire 'G-Unit' brand looks solid as a whole. 17yrs later and we only know G-Unit to be just '50 Cent plus the other guys who don't do anything'. That's quite sad.

I can't blame 50 because he spoiled them at first is the reason why they are the way they are.... these niggas were adults when they touched real money. Yall acting like 50 found them on some Jermaine Dupri type shit chilling at malls and dressing backward minding their business lol.

When they teamed back up, they should have kept the ball rolling collectively or just on a solo tip if they really aren't "cool" like that. If you don't know how to work smart, at least the hard work will get you where you wanna go eventually.

Did 50 instill the work ethic tho?....i mean lets be honest Yayo came home to fur coats and 3-somes and 6 or 7 figures in his bank account...wtf is gonna work hard after that...and EVERYONE went platinum off of the 50-cent co-sign...again...who's gonna work hard after that....he's right with what he's saying but did he really instill the work ethic he really wanted them to have?....his crew in his movie worked harder than G-unit....lmaoooo

Them dudes was grown men. 50 ain't their father its not his job to make sure them niggas show up to work on time and do their jobs.

I think Buck have a good work ethic because he been dropping mixtapes but he is bad with money, not business oriented and that tranny situation sabotage the rest of his career. Buck should be where Yo Gotti is doing right now. Gotti bought himself out of contract from Cash Money and it's been on ever since. Buck should learn from him and I'm not even a Gotti fan

Back