Welcome To aBlackWeb

5 dead, 27 wounded

Judge Dread

Violence in Chicago is not new. But it shouldn't be expected. There are plenty of articles on the shootings this weekend so it didn't make sense to post any of them. There has to be something someone can do to stop the plight of these mostly Black people. There are 2 Chicago's. This is worse then gentrification because at least in that case there are some improvements that happen to the area. ABW and anyone that has friends or family there we need to pray regardless of who you pray to that the bigger heads figure something out to help. Generations of our people are being destroyed.

It shouldn't be expected but it is, it's a way of life out here now. The thing is there are a few hot spots in the city where all the nonsense happens and I just stay away from those areas. You can't blame it all on these kids cause it's grown mf'ers out here doing it too.

One problem is the city has no programs for these kids after school or to help find jobs, then you have schools being closed for no reason at all, I have no idea what the money is being spent on but it's certainly not these kids. These gangs are out of control and their is no leadership because all the OG's are dead or locked up, these people have no guidance.

I know it isn't easy but then we should create our own programs and after school safe zones. The elders are not coming back from jail and when they do this generation of youth won't listen or respect them. The government is not going to solve the problem for us. We have to solve our own problems.

communities gotta stop riding the fence.....

if they really want the violence out of their neighborhoods, then they absolutely have to stand up and push it out....

i understand people in the streets who go by that "no snitching" rule.... but if you a civilian,...that shit don't apply...

nigaz back in the day tried to do their dirt and hide their hands.. shit wasn't so blatant.....now niggaz just bold as fuck,....

the community stopped being a community....

when you need the police to police your community, it becomes a war zone......

when people step upand take the shti back themselves......there's hope for some kind of change...

also stricter laws for anything gun related....

niggaz be locked for attempt murder and be home in like 18 months......

any gun crime should be much more harshly prosecuted....there was a time when possession of a gon alone could get you like 15 years....i don't know what happened to that law, but niggaz was shook for a minute....

i'm just brainstorming ...thinking out loud....

i think it is too hard to take back an entire area. But you can create safe zones and places for the kids. Also, teachers are not the only ones that teach. The community has to help the schools because the government isn't. There has to be a way to reach this generation of youth. We can't give up.

Call a town meeting, for parents of kids under 17. It's not very expensive to rent an office space. If every parent paid $5 a month or whatever they can afford to, they can rent a space for kids to go do something after school. Have volunteers run different play/learning centers. Follow a "think together" type format. It sounds like doing the most but it's actually very simple. If people say they can't afford it, remind them how many of em go to church every weekend, some of them dropping 10% of their income, and let them know that money can be used for something immediate that they can all work on together. If it gains momentum, open more centers, invite more volunteers. Ask the older kids getting ready for college to volunteer (it'll look great on their college applications. It's worth a shot.

If renting a space seems like too much work, talk to the school about rewarding good students by setting time for them during school hours, or make them stay open. This is an example of some of the stuff we do at mine. We had band but our band teacher retired last year. We have stuff for kids and parents and we're constantly handing out flyers for YMCA, girls and boys clubs, sports, etc. This is mostly done by parents not the school. People gotta be proactive if you want your kids to have stuff/be safe.
IMG_20170508_094015.jpg

Back