Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Riddick Bowe

• Jack Johnson

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other

• Total voters
I gotta go with Holyfield only because Tyson had no competition to really test him and he washed Tyson twice

You make a good point, but Riddick Bowe fought Holyfield 3 times and Bowe won twice and Holyfield won once.

I should have made Riddick Bowe a choice instead of Rocky Marciano.

Rocky wasn't even a Heavyweight, his fighting weight was 185.

Can any of the mods change Rocky Marciano to Riddick Bowe?

You make a good point, but Riddick Bowe fought Holyfield 3 times and Bowe won twice and Holyfield won once.

Done

It's interesting to note that when Mike Tyson started his career he was knocking people out in 1 round. If you look at his first 15 fights, 11 of them were first round knockouts. The general consensus is that Muhammad Ali would beat Tyson, but Muhammad Ali wasn't knocking people out in the first round in his early fights.

I know, all of Tyson's early opponents were bums, but Muhammad Ali's early opponents were bums too and he wasn't knocking them out in 1 round.

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 8.29.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 8.34.53 PM.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 23
  • image.png
    image.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 19
Tyson, that prison stint fucked up him up.

Not only that, but his management team changed when he became the undisputed champion. First Cus D'Amato died and then Kevin Rooney stopped being his trainer. When his inner circle changed everything fell apart.

But I'm not convinced that a 21 year old Muhammad Ali could beat a 21 year old Mike Tyson.

The list could change every day of the week tbh...

Im a Tyson stan but he barely makes the Top10... His prime barely even makes the early 90s, if you watch post 90s fight before or after getting locked up he stopped worrying about movement and defence and relying more on power and intimidation... He lacked the mental strength to train and have self control, imo Ali would of easily got to his head and Mike would of prolly got stopped or DQ'd...

Jack Johnson gets my vote, almost Joe Louis but Im rolling with Jack... He was a master at defence, spiteful in the ring and would carry fighters until he wanted to finish them and gave no fcks about the rules, a real pioneer... He imo the first fundamentally sound boxer but also new how to hurt fighters too...

Joe Louis fundamentally was a great to watch and packed a killer hook not to mention, although 'the bum of the month club' reigned for 12 years...

Sam Langford should also be mentioned, the greatest fighter to never have fought for the HW title, even Jack Johnson wouldnt give Langford a shot at his title (they fought years before when Jack outweighed him by around 30ibs)... Langford fought at MW and ended up fighting big HW's... He beat Joe Gans, Ketchel, Jack O'Brien and drew with Joe Walcott... Check out his book 'Boxings Greatest Uncrowned Champ' which gives you an insight into his life but also has fight reports on most of his fights...

"Sam Langford was the toughest little son of a bitch that ever lived." -- Jack Johnson

"The hell I feared no man. There was one man I wouldn’t fight because I knew he would flatten me. I was afraid of Sam Langford." -- Jack Dempsey

https://www.badlefthook.com/2009/10/2/1066064/sam-langford-boxings-greatest

Last edited:

Its all relevant though, as the years go on HW's get bigger... Wlad who is underrated, would of dealt with most of the pre 60s or 70s fighters due to his size but he doesnt make my Top10 rankings...

Back