Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is this the Russo brother's first big work outside the MCU?

Cuz honestly, I don't ever recall anything they've done other than MCU films.

speak on it
If you black (or just have any sense period), cops are the enemy. Police forces all over the country are overwhelmingly white with some color and women sprinkled in there. So to see a black person leading a police force is powerful. So on one hand I gotta root for Chadwick character off GP...but on the other hand that also means I gotta accept cop killers as the villains for Chadwick to be the hero.

tenor.gif

If you black (or just have any sense period), cops are the enemy. Police forces all over the country are overwhelmingly white with some color and women sprinkled in there. So to see a black person leading a police force is powerful. So on one hand I gotta root for Chadwick character off GP...but on the other hand that also means I gotta accept cop killers as the villains for Chadwick to be the hero.

tenor.gif
Denzel was a cop in Inside Man tho

tenor.gif

It's just a movie. Do you believe dragons are real or do you just enjoy game of thrones and fuck with Daenerys targaryen?

Is this the Russo brother's first big work outside the MCU?

Cuz honestly, I don't ever recall anything they've done other than MCU films.
Yeah. Prior to the marvel movies, the Russo's were frequent directors for comedy TV shows like arrested development and community. Both were very slept on shows and the Russo's directed some of the best episodes out of both series. They also directed that film you me and Dupree starring owen Wilson back in 2006 which wasnt super successful.

Somehow they managed to snag directors of winter soldier and quickly became the leading directors at marvel and that became their main focus and I imagine it keeps them very busy. They are only producers on this film though. They also are producers on an upcoming film called dhaka starring chris Hemsworth and the screenplay for that was written by Joe russo, but as far as directing they've been strictly marvel since winter soldier.

Back