20th Anniversay of Project Pat's Debut Album 'Ghetty Green' (09/14/99)

Dec 22, 2017
cover.jpg

1. "North Memphis" - 1:38
  2. "Represent It" (featuring Tear Da Club Up Thugs & N.O.R.E.) - 3:58
  3. "Out There" - 4:19
  4. "Niggas Got Me Fucked Up" - 2:32
  5. "You Know the Biss" (featuring DJ Paul) - 3:32
  6. "Choices" (featuring Lord Infamous) - 2:45
  7. "Ballers" (featuring Gangsta Boo) - 4:01
  8. "Run a Train" - 4:00
  9. "Rinky Dink/Whatever Ho" (featuring Hypnotize Camp Posse) - 5:31
  10. "Up There" (featuring Krayzie Bone & Lil E) - 4:13
  11. "Rinky Dink II/We're Gonna Rumble" - 4:13
  12. "Choppers" (featuring B.G. & Birdman) - 3:52
  13. "Gold Shine" (featuring Crunchy Black, DJ Paul, Gangsta Boo & Juicy J) - 3:55
  14. "Ghetty Green" - 4:19
  15. "Sucks on Dick" (featuring Juicy J) - 3:03
  16. "Shake That Ass" - 2:37
  17. "Stabbers" (featuring Crucial Conflict) - 4:21
  18. "Slangin' Rocks" (featuring DJ Paul & Gangsta Boo) - 3:17
  19. "528-Cash" - 2:18
  20. "Ballers/Outro (Cash Money Remix)" (featuring Tear Da Club Up Thugs, Hot Boys & Baby) - 5:01

I remember when this album came out. One of my best friends had this album before me. We were some young teenage niggas coming up in the game. His mother didn't drive but she had a car. So she used to let that nigga drive the car on Fridays to Sunday and I'll put gas money on it because I used to save my lunch money everyday from school for gas on the weekends. Ghetty Green and Hypnotize Camp Posse were two albums that I remember riding everywhere in the city as some no license having 13 year olds lol. Classmates trying to flag us down to ride with us. We stayed bumping that Gold Shine

Money I was playin' on a PlayStation
Ride by waving at you haters
Holla at ya
See ya later alligator
Skin cold world bustin'
Cowards curtain

Players from the Hollywood
Evergreen is my hood
Smokin' city
Show them gold teeth
Riding' in tha woods
Breaking' on some pounds
In tha south
Memphis fuckin' town
Chiffin' on some hay
Every day
On a Q pound

Juice & Gangsta Boo went off on that sh%t

• Goat
Reactions: Hiram and SeaSnake
1. This album pretty much defined the last half of high school for me.

2. I've never laughed harder in my life than in 12th grade when my Pre-calculus teacher told my homie to stop talking so loud and that nigga yelled 'Gotdamn Ms. Williams, don't make me call 528-CASH on yo ass!'

Man I remember when I first came across Project Pat. Had to be like '99, '00. My cousin Boo Boo pulled up in that old school impala on 22s at my auntie house blasting this dude. I was like, "who dat u bumpin?". He said "Project Pat". At the time that's all my cousin bumped in the whip was down south rap. Cash Money, No Limit, UGK, Hypnotize Minds etc.

But yeah I got down to Morehouse College by summer of '03. Went to they CD store in this mall they had down there at the West End, up the street from the school. And I proceeded to cop EVERY Project Pat CD they had. Lol walked out of there wit Ghetty Green, Mista Don't Play, Layin Da Smackdown, Three 6 Mafia Choices Movie and album, When the Smoke Clears and Hypnotize Camp Posse album. Bruh i stayed lit down there in the 'A' off listenin to these niggaz lol. Classic times man.

• Goat
Reactions: T. Sanford
You Know the Biss is one of my favorite among many of this album.

Love the Curtis Mayfield flip on this too

• Goat
Mane why these niggaz always hatin' on Hypnotize and Ca$h Money? Mane FUCK these niggaz mane!!

• Goat
I remember me ad my niggas through a party at the end of senior year, right after Mista Don't Play came out. Wasn't no gangs in Atlanta back then. Just niggas beefing from different sides of times. I remember we played 'Y'all niggas ain't no killers'. Before the end of the first verse, niggas was already in that bitch brawling on some Eastside vs. Westside shit. SMH.

Song fucked up the whole party for like 15 minutes. Then we cranked that bitch RIGHT back up after the cops left. Lol.

Yo this is my shit. R.i.p. my homeboy omar he put me on
Still in rotation
Use to skip skool bumping this all the time
Good fucking memories with album

• Goat
Reactions: Hiram
These niggaz with the Mission Impossible beats lol still my shit