Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024 WNBA Thread 🏀

On second thought they can take their asses back to reality tv idk if they are watching or engaging with the tweets shit is od annoying af though

Man, Aaliyah tipped that ball straight into the hands of Nneka 🤦🏾‍♀️. Indiana should’ve won this game.

Why did they foul right after the tip? They were up.
Seattle was up. Indiana fumbled after getting the ball back when it went out on Nneka. That was their chance to at least attempt a F/G. They lost the tip and couldn’t reset with 2.4 left on the clock. Indiana just blew it.

Seattle was up. Indiana fumbled after getting the ball back when it went out on Nneka. That was their chance to at least attempt a F/G. They lost the tip and couldn’t reset with 2.4 left on the clock. Indiana just blew it.
Why did Boston play only 15 mins? Foul Trouble?

Toronto has been awarded the WNBA’s first franchise outside the United States, with the expansion team set to begin play in 2026.

Larry Tanenbaum-led Kilmer Sports Ventures is paying $115 million for the team. Tanenbaum also is the chairman and a minority owner of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, the Toronto sports giant that also owns the NHL’s Maple Leafs and NBA’s Raptors along with Toronto’s MLS and Canadian Football League franchises.

“Growing internationally, I’ve been trying to think through next steps on a global platform,” WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert told The Associated Press ahead of the official announcement Thursday morning. “It helps us reach new audiences and bring in new partners. The thing I love about going to another country is that the young girls and boys get to see professional basketball for women is important, too.”

Toronto will be the WNBA’s 14th franchise, with the expansion Golden State Valkyries set to start play next year.

“Our Toronto sports franchises are thriving but, we have been missing one critical piece — women’s professional sports,” Tanenbaum told the AP. “The world is finally taking notice of something that’s been there all along — the immense talent, passion and competition in women’s sports. So, once again, I saw an opportunity and knew we were in the right place at the right time to bring Canada’s first WNBA team to Toronto. And now we have, making sports history.”

Back