Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024 Olympic Games 🇨🇵🗼

This too much to ask?

Depends on what you mean? If you're talking about the quality of the breaking, then nah, that's not too much to ask for. If you're talking about the atmosphere, you were never going to get that at the Olympics. It's hard to recreate that in a big ass stadium. lol

where the hell are all the black people?

Black people ain't really been a factor in breakin for a long time. We kinda abandoned it. That's on us. There's only one black person on the American team. That's crazy.

Noah got COVID 2 days prior. If he had symptoms there no way he was bout to dust everyone

Lmao drug test every one

This don’t even seem right

I remember an old Bolt interview from a few years ago when he was talking about younger Jamaican sprinters. If i recall he was complaining how they weren't training as hard, terrible work ethic & complacent. He'd try to talk sense into them and the young bulls would basically tell him how they're rich now & aint really worried bout nothing.

They got breaking on the E channel and all the contestants are called b-girl this and that

And just by the looks of it I can tell black Americans didn't get any credit for creating this thing.

I'll give us credit 🫱🏾‍🫲🏿

They got breaking on the E channel and all the contestants are called b-girl this and that

And just by the looks of it I can tell black Americans didn't get any credit for creating this thing.

I'll give us credit 🫱🏾‍🫲🏿

The Olympics site gives the background of the sport.

Breaking is an urban dance style that originated in the United States in the 1970s. With roots in hip-hop culture, breaking first took form in the lively block parties in the Bronx borough of New York, and is characterised by acrobatic movements, stylised footwork, and the key role played by the DJ and the MC (master of ceremonies) during battles.

International competitions were first held in the 1990s, popularising the dance form both among hip-hop communities and the general public along the way.

No mention of Black Americans, though in America we know "urban" usually means "black." Messed up, but I'm not surprised. Like I said, we haven't been the drivers of breakin for a long time.

The Olympics site gives the background of the sport.

No mention of Black Americans, though in America we know "urban" usually means "black." Messed up, but I'm not surprised. Like I said, we haven't been the drivers of breakin for a long time.
That's erasure

Exactly why the documentary microphone check was made. To combat the deliberate lies about hip hops origin story

That's erasure

Exactly why the documentary microphone check was made. To combat the deliberate lies about hip hops origin story

For once, I agree with you on something. I browsed through a few articles from big publications about the introduction of Breakin to the Olympics. They all describe it as coming from the "urban" or "hip hop" community. That's about as clear a case of erasure as you can get.

I think the worst part of this is that they got it in that big old stadium. They should have had it in an arena or some other closed venue. The music and crowd are fade out. There's no energy to this shit.

Also, the commentary is dry and corny. It's the Olympics, so its expected, still, it just doesn't fit.

Yall watching the women compete, they dont have the strength to do the crazy big power moves. I bet theres more energy from the crowd when its the men doing the crazy flips and spins

Back