Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024 Olympic Games 🇨🇵🗼

I'll say this. Outside of Ledecky, Douglass, and Huske the US team did not come to swim this Olympics

I don't know how it is in St. Lucia, but in America who's more well known, high profile athletes or Nobel Prize winners?

It's a relatively small island, and Sir W. Arthur Lewis is the only black man that has won a Nobel in economics (and I think he's the only black person to win the prize in something other than peace or literature). His name and face are on the $100 EC dollar bill. I doubt you'll find anyone in St. Lucia who doesn't know who he is (except for young children). Derek Walcott is also widely acclaimed.

Nobel winners in a small place like that are going to get much more acclaim than they would in a big country like the US or UK.

Last edited:
Lol gold and silver are guaranteed unless a crazy thing happens there will be no battle
They've both set personal bests this year. 50.65 and 50.95 if I'm remembering correctly. Mclaughlin didn't start her reign until she won gold in 2020 beating Dalilah (reigning world record holder at the time) by .12

Stranger things have happened other than the expected silver medalist ending up with bronze or gold. It'll shake out however it shakes it.

Back