Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024 NFL Season Thread

Added to Calendar: 09-08-24

Philly took all them UGA players and most em ain’t hitting on nothing except Carter. Thats that lazy drafting Mayock was doing taking only Clemson/Bama players when they were winning all the titles

The Bears somehow still fucking up the QB situation by picking Caleb Williams instead of Jayden Daniels… after all the shit that happened resulting in the Panthers fuck up with Bryce Young is the type of cruel irony that would be hilarious in so many levels.

@Gray Matter U are the biggest Caleb Williams hater. I WILL REMEMBER THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, I'm more of a Justin Fields fan than Caleb hater.

I find it hilarious though that every year some of the top QBs drafted end up being busts, or at least having unpromising starts to their careers, and every year NFL commentators act like the previous year didn't happen when the draft comes around.

to circle back about Philly drafting all those Georgia players, Carter ain’t looking too good either hes supposed to be an interior pass rusher and he can’t pass rush.

Last edited:
to circle back about Philly drafting all those Georgia players, that Jordan Davis pic ain’t looking too good either hes supposed to be an interior pass rusher and he can’t pass rush.
I thought he was drafted to be a run stuffer? I don't remember anyone talking about his pass rush ability. I could be wrong though. I believe Jalen Carter was supposed to be the pass rusher

I thought he was drafted to be a run stuffer? I don't remember anyone talking about his pass rush ability. I could be wrong though. I believe Jalen Carter was supposed to be the pass rusher
Yea. I meant Carter

Even though he had a like 5 sacks last year I felt it was more of product of the players around him and not him being a good pass rusher.

The CBA labels insurance proceeds as a "refund from the player," which qualifies the amount as a cap credit for the club for the following season. In the simplest terms, if a player who eats up a significant portion of a club's salary cap misses significant time with injury or illness, a club doesn't have to take it as a total loss, but can recover space for the following year. Plus, insurance premium payments don't count against the salary cap.

"That's the crux of the loophole," the former club executive said. "You effectively can use cash to create cap space from scratch. In a closed system, that is one of the few ways to buy cap space."

It's a benefit that is discussed in hushed tones within the front offices that utilize it, and rarely with outsiders, including the media. The CBA provision has existed since 2006, and since then, the clubs that have taken advantage of this cap hack flew mostly under the radar.

Back