Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024 NFL Season Thread

Added to Calendar: 09-08-24

I haven't watched the steelers game, but I looked at the numbers... where's all this Fields love coming from? Defense is shutting the other team down, so I guess they haven't asked much of him. But these don't look like "he's locked up the job" numbers.

I haven't watched the steelers game, but I looked at the numbers... where's all this Fields love coming from? Defense is shutting the other team down, so I guess they haven't asked much of him. But these don't look like "he's locked up the job" numbers.
He's had chunk plays called back due to penalties in both games. He has also kept plays alive with his legs where Russ wouldn't. He hasn't really completely missed throws. The upside is there. Stats don't really tell the story. Besides, Steelers ain't an offensive juggernaut anyway.

He's had chunk plays called back due to penalties in both games. He has also kept plays alive with his legs where Russ wouldn't. He hasn't really completely missed throws. The upside is there. Stats don't really tell the story. Besides, Steelers ain't an offensive juggernaut anyway.

Fair enough. I'll probably need to watch to understand.

As someone who’s been a Fields critic since he got in the league I can say he’s made an improvement. Jury is still out on if he can be consistent but there’s a difference between him in Chicago and now. The biggest thing is he’s not turning the ball over.

Back