Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024 NCAA Basketball Tournament

This is not an absolute premise or a blk/ wht..there are gray areas..

Strategic.

At times your best player does take on the challenge of defending the other teams best player..

I gave example of players who have done it also again just last night you had two of the best players/scorers on the floor defending each other

again..gray areas...I am.not saying someone like Luka needs to go guard jayson Tatum, etc.
ontop of the fact Luka doesn't defend. Nor am I saying it's from the min. The game starts until it ends the players guard each other. unless that player happens to requests it..

There are the players who will take on the challenge, there are coaches who will challenge their players to do it..

Not every good player does it or is capable of doing it. Or your post player is going to guard the other teams best player who happens to be a guard..

I mean really this shouldn't be that spelled out.
Yeah but you were asking as if it was a common thing to do. It’s highly uncommon in today’s game to put one of your top offensive players on their best offensive player.

But to your specific point about this specific game, I agree you sacrifice Flaujae’s offense to lock up Caitlyn. Then let Reese handle the offensive side of things.

If she was putting up those kinds of numbers at Louisville that tells me she wasn’t a good fit for LSU. And that’s on LSU either not putting her in position to be effective or others taking her stats.

I’d say it’s on LSU though because she had no confidence in that last game.

If I were her I’d transfer again too. She just needs to pick a better team this time.

🗣️🗣️🗣️ It's Up

Back