Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024 MLB Thread ⚾️

Just seen the news about Negro Leagues. Much deserved.... Bet they gonna start selling limited edition fitteds like they did for Jackie Robinson Anniversary.

Ima look out for some Brooklyn Royal Giants fitteds.

I already got an avirex Brooklyn Eagles Negro League Jacket I wear once in a blue

Finally!!! Give respect to them pioneers, off beige ppl will be big mad
I love the intent behind it but no this is not the right move

NBA don’t even acknowledge ABA stats from before the merger

Negro Leagues had 80 game seasons tops…a lot of MLB players would be HOF if you froze their batting average or ERA at 80 games

I know there’s some white guilt involved but you can’t stat your way out of your ancestors being racist monsters

So players who started in the negro league and they're in the MLB hall of fame their stats don't matter even tho they're in the hall of fame?????
Saying the stats shouldn’t be conflated isn’t the same thing as saying they don’t matter

Can still recognize them without combining

Lol what? He's in the baseball hall of fame....he's never played in the MLB bruh
Reread what I said

He is in the HOF but the distinction that he played in a separate league is still made

They don’t put “MLB player” under his name on the HOF plaque

No need to sugarcoat a painful history

I don’t think stats for teams and players that were not able to directly compete against each other (or play common opponents) should be kept in the same place

I love the intent behind it but no this is not the right move

NBA don’t even acknowledge ABA stats from before the merger

Negro Leagues had 80 game seasons tops…a lot of MLB players would be HOF if you froze their batting average or ERA at 80 games

I know there’s some white guilt involved but you can’t stat your way out of your ancestors being racist monsters
Understandable point of view, but I'm just gonna bask in it... there are names that should be put up high that aren't known outside of real fanatic baseball fans

Last edited:
I would have preferred for MLB to announce that they were downgrading all MLB stats accumulated prior to integration to a lower tier - and those stats should not count towards all-time leaderboards for the sport

Reread what I said

He is in the HOF but the distinction that he played in a separate league is still made

They don’t put “MLB player” under his name on the HOF plaque

No need to sugarcoat a painful history
You just made my point again I just said he didn't play in the MLB so of course they wouldn't label him that but he played the same game as the other great ball players......why do you think the negro league was created?

You just made my point again I just said he didn't play in the MLB so of course they wouldn't label him that but he played the same game as the other great ball players......why do you think the negro league was created?
So following that logic, why would the stats be combined?

Back