Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023 NFL Season Thread

I can understand wanting to get paid man, but if you really got the talent someone will pay you. Don’t pull a Le’Veon Bell he’s come out recently saying how he regrets that shit.

highest % of passes thrown under pressure:

46% - Justin Fields
45%
44%
43% - Daniel Jones
42% - Taylor Heinicke
41% - Davis Mills
40% - Zach Wilson
39%
38%
37% - Ryan Tannehill
36% - Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Justin Herbert, Derek Carr
35% - Marcus Mariota
34% - Lamar Jackson, Geno Smith, Josh Allen, Matt Ryan
33% - Carson Wentz, Patrick Mahomes, Jacoby Brissett
32% - Matthew Stafford, Kenny Pickett
31% - Dak Prescott
30% - Baker Mayfield, Jared Goff, Jalen Hurts
29% - Mac Jones, Trevor Lawrence, Jimmy Garoppolo, Andy Dalton
28%
27% - Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Burrow
26% - Tua Tagovailoa
25%
24%
23%
22%
21%
20% - Tom Brady

(2022, minimum 200 attempts)

I can understand wanting to get paid man, but if you really got the talent someone will pay you. Don’t pull a Le’Veon Bell he’s come out recently saying how he regrets that shit.
The Steelers deal wasnt even a bad one and he would have been the highest paid RB at the time IIRC. He just wanted more guaranteed money. That was the gripe. I understood his postition on that front but at the same time the Steelers have an excellent track record of paying out their big contracts in full to the players they give them too (Ben, AB, Cam Heyward, etc)

There aren't many if any players that got a big long term deal from the Steelers and didn't get all their money. But, for some reason Lev didn't trust that he would

This Giants situation is crazy cause its not like the team has Mahomes or Burrow where they can have a tomato can at RB and it wont matter. Barkley is the lynchpin on that offense. Without him they back to the basement. Danny Jones aint like that.

these replaceable ass RBs are funny.

Y’all don’t win championships anymore. The game ain’t catered to y’all.

The position is not tied to winning because they are not special. It’s only a few JJettas but a bunch of Barkleys

I rather an elite player at EVERY position over a RB. I’m not paying one
SBs are a team stat.

And you are incorrect

Its not “a bunch of Barkelys”

Barkely is an elite back
Dalvin Cook is an elite back

Derrick Henry is an elite back

CMac is elite

AK is elite

I think where the impasse is in this situation is the injuries. I can see the perspective of not giving a long term contract to such an injury prone position.

But to essentially say Saquon Barkley is “just another guy”

Cmon b

Thats wild

SBs are a team stat.

And you are incorrect

Its not “a bunch of Barkelys”

Barkely is an elite back

Jacobs is an elite back

Dalvin Cook is an elite back

Derrick Henry is an elite back

I think where the impasse is in this situation is the injuries. I can see the perspective of not giving a long term contract to such an injury prone position.

But to essentially say Saquon Barkley is “just another guy”

Cmon b

Thats wild
SBs are a team stat and it’s exactly why you don’t need a Barkley on your team. The money can go to positions that are not easily replaceable

It’s nothing special about those backs in relation to paying them and trying to win games. That’s why I said they are not special.

CMC and AK are backs that are basically slot WRs too but those other guys are not so I can see their value and how it great for trying to win a championship

FYI. Cook ain’t that guy anymore

SBs are a team stat and it’s exactly why you don’t need a Barkley on your team. The money can go to positions that are not easily replaceable

It’s nothing special about those backs in relation to paying them and trying to win games. That’s why I said they are not special.

CMC and AK are backs that are basically slot WRs too but those other guys are not so I can see their value and how it great for trying to win a championship

FYI. Cook ain’t that guy anymore
i agree. You dont NEED a Barkley on your team but it all comes down to your team building philosophy on offense. In addition to the personnel you have now.

Again in the case of the Giants

Saquan IS the offense. It dont work without him. Same with Henry in Tenn.

Take them guys away and now you got two Mid ass qbs tryna carry a team

Also I do agree that the RB position of the future is gonna be more CMacs and AK's. the traditional RB is dead in the modern league.

Bro you schmoking scrong lol Cook is still definitely like that. Bro just Mr Glass smh

The Steelers deal wasnt even a bad one and he would have been the highest paid RB at the time IIRC. He just wanted more guaranteed money. That was the gripe. I understood his postition on that front but at the same time the Steelers have an excellent track record of paying out their big contracts in full to the players they give them too (Ben, AB, Cam Heyward, etc)

There aren't many if any players that got a big long term deal from the Steelers and didn't get all their money. But, for some reason Lev didn't trust that he would

This Giants situation is crazy cause its not like the team has Mahomes or Burrow where they can have a tomato can at RB and it wont matter. Barkley is the lynchpin on that offense. Without him they back to the basement. Danny Jones aint like that.
I’m hearing some good things about Eric Gray….

Back