Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023 NBA Playoffs West Finals: #1 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN sweeps 4-0 🧹)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yep, watching ESPN now. The headline is now, "Can Lakers stage a comeback down 2-0"

Why are we talking about can the CLEAR UNDERDOGS, 7TH SEEDED, PLAY-IN TEAM stage a comeback??? Lakers are favored to lose the series for a reason, Nuggets are the #1 seed for a reason. Narrative should be can the Nuggets close out Lakers and reach the NBA FINALS for the 1st in franchise history. ESPN and NBA in general so fkin trash, been rootin and lobbying for the Lakers making the finals since they were 13th seed.

Like i said, Lebron is a great player but bad for basketball. Everything orbits and gravitates around his every move and action, league-wide. Can't wait til he retires.

Yep, watching ESPN now. The headline is now, "Can Lakers stage a comeback down 2-0"

Why are we talking about can the CLEAR UNDERDOGS, 7TH SEEDED, PLAY-IN TEAM stage a comeback??? Lakers are favored to lose the series for a reason, Nuggets are the #1 seed for a reason. Narrative should be can the Nuggets close out Lakers and reach the NBA FINALS for the 1st in franchise history. ESPN and NBA in general so fkin trash, been rootin and lobbying for the Lakers making the finals since they were 13th seed.

Like i said, Lebron is a great player but bad for basketball. Everything orbits and gravitates around his every move and action, league-wide. Can't wait til he retires.

Because it's about ratings and capturing the casual fan and most people, even through the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs ain't watched Denver Nuggets games and probably don't even know how to pronounce Jokic name. It's the Lakers, one of the most storied franchises in sports, making a deep playoffs run with possibly the most popular/well known player in the league in year 20. It's kinda obvious why the Lakers are the #1 story. Bron isn't bad for basketball. If he was then the league wouldn't revolve around him the way it does and keep making money.

You also can't ignore the fact that they're being picked to lose every single round so far so regardless of what the headlines and these pundits lead a show off with it always ends with "But the Lakers are still gonna lose."

Last edited:
Because it's about ratings and capturing the casual fan and most people, even through the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs ain't watched Denver Nuggets games and probably don't even know how to pronounce Jokic name. It's the Lakers, one of the most storied franchises in sports, making a deep playoffs run with possibly the most popular/well known player in the league in year 20. It's kinda obvious why the Lakers are the #1 story. Bron isn't bad for basketball. If he was then the league wouldn't revolve around him the way it does and keep making money.

You also can't ignore the fact that they're being picked to lose every single round so far so regardless of what the headlines and these pundits lead a show off with it always ends with "But the Lakers are still gonna lose."
It's a divided house. Ppl tune in to see one of 2 things:

Lakers win

Or

Lebron lose

It's a divided house. Ppl tune in to see one of 2 things:

Lakers win

Or

Lebron lose

Also, Jokic is a 2x MVP and was on the way to a 3rd before he got hit with the "we ain't giving him another til he wins a ring" non votes. That alone shows the league has high expectations and holds him in high regard because only the greats have been hit with that petty ass reason to not get a 3rd MVP. The Nuggets have gotten alot of coverage on these NBA shows during the regular season and it's always based around "Nobody watches them so we gotta let everyone know how good they are."

Nothing wrong with wanting a ecosystem that doesn’t revolve around views/interaction at the expense of alienating a big part of the league

Nothing wrong with wanting a ecosystem that doesn’t revolve around views/interaction at the expense of alienating a big part of the league

The major market teams have always gotten disproportionate coverage. I mean the Knicks , outside a couple years, havent been seriously competitve for damn near 30 years and yet they stay dominating national headlines just on the hope theyre gonna win and that's with Carmelo being the biggest star they've had. You put a major star on a major market team and it's gonna tip the balance of coverage even more. Niggas gotta be honest and stopped being shocked that the Lakers continously get more coverage than random mid market teams. It's always been like that. People would not have been as excited for a Nuggets vs Kings WCF as one involving the Warriors or Lakers. It just is what it is.

The major market teams have always gotten disproportionate coverage. I mean the Knicks , outside a couple years, havent been seriously competitve for damn near 30 years and yet they stay dominating national headlines just on the hope theyre gonna win and that's with Carmelo being the biggest star they've had. You put a major star on a major market team and it's gonna tip the balance of coverage even more. Niggas gotta be honest and stopped being shocked that the Lakers continously get more coverage than random mid market teams. It's always been like that. People would not have been as excited for a Nuggets vs Kings WCF as one involving the Warriors or Lakers. It just is what it is.
Nobody was ever shocked though

Homie just expressed it shouldn’t be like that and he’s right

You follow the lakers around all season long after they lose. You a part of it lol what the hell?

Your shtick is no different than those personalities. Only difference they get paid millions of dollars, you do it for free 99 🤕

Nobody was ever shocked though

Homie just expressed it shouldn’t be like that and he’s right

You can't name too many pro sports leagues that aren't like that though. And that's on the people and fans more than anything else because the leagues respond to what they pay attention to. Niggas want more coverage then start watching random mid market games in January in mass numbers and the league will respond. You think anybody gave a fuck about Memphis Grizzlies seriously before Ja got there? No. Even when they was making playoff runs before no casual fans really cared. Ja Morant comes along flying though the air and getting people to watch now they on prime time tv weekly. Hell even take it back to the early 2000s. Nobody gave a damn about the Sacaremento Kings til Chris Webber and Jason Williams made them watchable to the general public. They got major prime time coverage. Then those players left and that run was over because public interest also left.

You follow the lakers around all season long after they lose. You a part of it lol what the hell?

Your shtick is no different than those personalities. Only difference they get paid millions of dollars, you do it for free 99 🤕
I follow the unsexy teams while they lose too

That’s the difference

You still steaming from last night so I can understand how you forgot about that

I follow the unsexy teams while they lose too

That’s the difference

You still steaming from last night so I can understand how you forgot about
Dog you having 2 Rafael stone jokes over the course of a 82 game season. And you salivating after all 39 lakers losses is a difference.

It’s cool fam, you and many in the world have a Lakers fetish. It is what it is, we don’t have to act like it’s not a thing. You’re not alone. It’s all love, you still my bro.

Dog you having 2 Rafael stone jokes over the course of a 82 game season. And you salivating after all 39 lakers losses is a difference.

It’s cool fam, you and many in the world have a Lakers fetish. It is what it is, we don’t have to act like it’s not a thing. You’re not alone. It’s all love, you still my bro.

I told you last night, if you gotta do this to feel better I’ll do that for you

“They wanna see us lose!”

Back