Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED 2023 NBA Offseason Thread

test
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the situation with the Cavs a bit better

Next year, Mobley is going to be eligible for around a $167 mil rookie extension at around 33 mil a year

That’s in addition to the $36 mil Garland is going to make and the $35 mil Mitchell is going to make

Then you factor in Jarrett allen who needs to be moved making $20 mil

This is all for a team that isn’t a contending team too…

Then you have to factor in the amount of money Mitchell will command in a few years

You can’t give okoro a lot of money and they haven’t even extended him yet (probably will lose him in restricted FA)

Factor in max Strus as well and…

It’s tough

And they just paid your boy too

Caris LeVert signed a 2 year / $32,000,000 contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, including $32,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $16,000,000. In 2023-24, LeVert will earn a base salary of $15,384,616, while carrying a cap hit of $15,384,616 and a dead cap value of $15,384,616.

Caris LeVert signed a 2 year / $32,000,000 contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, including $32,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $16,000,000. In 2023-24, LeVert will earn a base salary of $15,384,616, while carrying a cap hit of $15,384,616 and a dead cap value of $15,384,616.
Lmao didn’t bring him up because he’s not a vital player moving forward or a long term piece

It’s only a 2 year deal and he’ll be traded as soon as January

Cavs need Evan Mobley to take a big step forward offensively this season, that's really going to dictate what their ceiling is

We never expected to get Mitchell in the first place so this has always been a possibility. He’s an asset we didn’t have a year ago and We’re building around Garland and Mobley who haven’t hit their prime, so I honestly don’t care what happens with the Mitchell situation.

#He’sABetterAssetThenColinSexton
#SoWeWon
#Top3InTheEast

I liked the Strus and Niang moves for Cleveland, they desperately needed shooting....but I don't think Strus is the answer on the wing, I don't think he's bad defensively but I think they needed someone with some more size and the ability to guard up a position

We never expected to get Mitchell in the first place so this has always been a possibility. He’s an asset we didn’t have a year ago and We’re building around Garland and Mobley who haven’t hit their prime, so I honestly don’t care what happens with the Mitchell situation.

#He’sABetterAssetThenColinSexton
#SoWeWon
#Top3InTheEast

This is true

The Mitchell situation was always a 1-2 year window

Cavs won't have a problem flipping him even though they won't completely recoup everything they gave up for him....it was still a good move trade for Mitchell regardless

I’m more worried about Scottie barnes than I am Evan Mobley

I think Barnes will be fine if they trade Siakam...way too much overlap and they occupy the same space on the floor

Then they just need to surround him with shooting

Until that happens though I really think they are stunting his growth and making it harder for him

I think Barnes will be fine if they trade Siakam...way too much overlap and they occupy the same space on the floor

Until that happens though I really think they are stunting his growth and making it harder for him
U beat me to it. I thought Beta knew ball.....

yeah I’m not saying it’s dire but OG, Schroder, siakam, poetl, precious surrounding barnes is not okay lol

Dick will be a factor next year and maybe by that summer siakam is gone

yeah I’m not saying it’s dire but OG, Schroder, siakam, poetl, precious surrounding barnes is not okay lol

Dick will be a factor next year and maybe by that summer siakam is gone

The Poeltl deal ws terrible, trade only a top 6 protected pick was crazy

I would've just cut my losses and took the L instead of giving him a 4 year 20 mil dollar deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back