Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Cant ever eat moms cooking again.

God forbid she cuts herself chopping the onions?

Nah we ordering out
Had to do a double take to see who posted this

This right out the book of beta

There is no solution to this but this is basketball, but games like last night are why the NBA viewership is down.

Its the 2nd round of the playoffs, only 1 game the whole day.

All day you tell me this game is so important and that I need to watch.

Im like aight bet. Let me see this game. Turn it on, the shit over in first 10 mins.

Then if I happen to watch it all the way through, its a 45 point blow out.

And this been the case with both Celtics series, the OKC Pelicans series and so on.

I love the NBA so ill watch regardless. Shit is my hobbie of winding down.

But if im a casual fan and I'm used to football games mattering cause the playoffs are 1 and done, same with NCAA, then I got the hockey playoffs where anything can happen, and then I turn onto lets Knicks Pacers game 4, or the Wolves Nuggets game last night, or even worse any Celtics series, then im not feeling like the NBA product excites me.

There is no solution to this but this is basketball, but games like last night are why the NBA viewership is down.

Im like aight bet. Let me see this game. Turn it on, the shit over in first 10 mins.

And this been the case with both Celtics series, the OKC Pelicans series and so on.

But if im a casual fan and I'm used to football games mattering cause the playoffs are 1 and done, same with NCAA, then I got the hockey playoffs where anything can happen, and then I turn onto lets Knicks Pacers game 4, or the Wolves Nuggets game last night, or even worse any Celtics series, then im not feeling like the NBA product excites me.
Why are you blaming the nuggets getting destroyed by the wolves in game 6 on the NBA?

You lost money on the Nuggets too huh?

That bitch ass Gary Gnu looking Murray don't give a damn about O.G.'s summer vacation.

Why are you blaming the nuggets getting destroyed by the wolves in game 6 on the NBA?
Not blaming shit on anything.

Just saying this is why NBA ratings are down in an era where sports ratings are exploding.

You gonna tell me an 82 game season was played just so the best of best could play a game and that shit is a 45 point blowout?

No blame to go around. Its the NBA. And this is an inherent problem no one can solve.

Its just ass to market this as an important game and a casual watches it and be like nah this shit aint compelling at all.

Not blaming shit on anything.

Just saying this is why NBA ratings are down in an era where sports ratings are exploding.

You gonna tell me an 82 game season was played just so the best of best could play a game and that shit is a 45 point blowout?

No blame to go around. Its the NBA. And this is an inherent problem no one can solve.

Its just ass to market this as an important game and a casual watches it and be like nah this shit aint compelling at all.

Are the tv ratings that low?

Are the tv ratings that low?

Yea pretty much. Ratings being down is especially bad when fucking ping pong ratings are even up. Sports is going into a boom. Every major and minor sport is going crazy. The NBA being down in this environment should scare them.

Not that we fans should be concerned bout ratings unless we getting paid by the nba. If you enjoy it, who cares how many people watch.

But it was just some bs that i sit down to watch a playoff game and shit is over 5 mins into the game.

It made me just think what a casual fan turning on this game might have thought.

This aint no ones fault, and idk if theres a fix for it. Just an observation I had last night while looking up tickets to Denver.

Back