Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

The lotto is a good thing in my opinion. It is a way to try and quell blatant tanking. Nobody 100% has a claim to the 1st pick just because they had a losing record.

The funniest part in all this conversation is the Pistons started it. They’ve had top 10 picks in the last 4 drafts and top 5 picks (including number 1 in 2021) in the last 3 and they are still one of the worst teams in the league.

My comments isn't to totally shit on the Pistons, but they (like most bad teams) have very little continuity or a solid plan the last few years. They also take too long to cut bait on players who don’t hit or fit with the coaches vision.

My point is, no matter how good your talent is, if your plan and coordinators aren’t on the same page and getting the right type of players, you’re gonna be mediocre to bad as a team.

All facts

Loud and wrong as usual but I wouldn't want you to be any other way brother. It's love.
It’s your opinion and my opinion on a topic.

No right or wrong. (OKC did tank fully and other tank somewhat). But you know that. Spurs tanked too for Wemby FYI

Brian Windhorst says that several NBA executives were curious about LeBron's activities after his visit to Cleveland last night

“I will say this, the first thing I thought of was this moment 10 years ago where LeBron showed up to a game in Cleveland while he was a player for the Miami Heat to honor Zydrunas Ilgauskas’ Jersey retirement, his longtime teammate. And he got in a private plane, flew from Chicago over to Cleveland on an off night. Pat Riley was not happy. And a few months later he signed with the Cavs…he's extremely strategic and I wish I could tell you I knew exactly what he is doing. I don't pretend to know, but he's gotta be up to something.” 👀

Tanking has it's benefits however, what Philadelphia did was criminal.

No one would be in favor of an actual free agent system without some SERIOUS strict rules.

I'm not even sure how you would go about it TBH but the draft serves a purpose.

Teams still have to do their homework on players. There are more Anthony Bennetts than Lebrons

Is it because of Zion in the Knicks uniform?
Nah

Revisionist drafts are just fodder imo. You can't change what happen cause every single move that has happened since was based on those picks. This not Endgame where you can go back and create an alternate timeline.

Does it really matter after all these years that Portland took Sam Bowie at no 1 vs Mike? No, at least not to me. I wouldn't even call it low hanging fruit. It's just dumb

Nah

Revisionist drafts are just fodder imo. You can't change what happen cause every single move that has happened since was based on those picks. This not Endgame where you can go back and create an alternate timeline.

Does it really matter after all these years that Portland took Sam Bowie at no 1 vs Mike? No, at least not to me. I wouldn't even call it low hanging fruit. It's just dumb
It’s the offseason kinda

Back