Wolves
Thunder
Celtics
All built through the draft

Mavs drafted Luka

All title contenders.

Warriors built through the draft

I can go on and on throughout history but I’ll stop at the warriors

There's a difference between tanking and building through the draft. None of those teams tanked seasons for draft picks.

There's a difference between tanking and building through the draft. None of those teams tanked seasons for draft picks.

Celtics and Thunder did
Wolves did nothing to get better for years. Dallas was not trying to build a roster. It was a big compliment out here.

You can be wrong right along with beta and that’s cool. Two peas in a pod 🫛 today.

Celtics and Thunder did
Wolves did nothing to get better for years. Dallas was not trying to build a roster. It was a big compliment out here.

You can be wrong right along with beta and that’s cool. Two peas in a pod 🫛 today.

When did the Celtics and thunder tank? They acquired draft picks through trade.

Lmao.

They traded everybody that would make them compete. Text book tanking.

You new to this?

What philly and San Antonio did was tank.

Celtics cashed in on aging stars for draft capital, thunder traded their stars that requested trades for draft capital. Neither team was actively trying to lose games tho.

Okc just lost sga to injury at the right time and everything lined up.

The lotto is a good thing in my opinion. It is a way to try and quell blatant tanking. Nobody 100% has a claim to the 1st pick just because they had a losing record.

The funniest part in all this conversation is the Pistons started it. They’ve had top 10 picks in the last 4 drafts and top 5 picks (including number 1 in 2021) in the last 3 and they are still one of the worst teams in the league.

My comments isn't to totally shit on the Pistons, but they (like most bad teams) have very little continuity or a solid plan the last few years. They also take too long to cut bait on players who don’t hit or fit with the coaches vision.

My point is, no matter how good your talent is, if your plan and coordinators aren’t on the same page and getting the right type of players, you’re gonna be mediocre to bad as a team.

Back