Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

This why I've always stressed the importance of having as many bites at the apple as possible

If Jalen Green was the only prospect real upside and all of our eggs were in that basket we would be in huge trouble

You want to get as many swings as possible not just at talent but talent that has a high ceiling

You're lucky if 2-3 draft picks really workout for you over the course of 2-3 draft cycles of being bad
Yeah Even with everything I said and with Green struggling you still have 4-5 guys to fall back on and feel good about

You know how many times I forget amen is on that team? Lol

Yeah but come on, you gonna sit and tell me Jalen Green isn’t worth a rookie extension for it to be up for consideration?

Now you could mean financially after getting Brook, FVV, and then thinking about Jabari and sengun and if you mean that then that’s valid

And I swore you brought potentially getting lavine yesterday lol

Maybe I’m mistaken

But I would think in a green trade, the player coming would be a known commodity so I point even though the example is mistaken is still the same

I’ll tell rockets fans like I’ll tell nets fans

Relax lol

But yeah Play some defense and stop relying on Jeff green to make shit happen lol
Obviously I don't want the Rockets to trade for Lavine but you see how we're missing that prototype of player right now and how Jalen Green not giving us that really hurts us on offense....you need that guy who can put pressure on the rim and opposing defenses on the perimeter.

Yeah I'm trying to remain as flexible as possible considering other guys who have proven more need to get paid too, if we can get him on a good number I I'd be open to it though

Difference between the Rockets and Nets for me and why I think the Nets should be proactive and really should've traded both Cam and Mikal is idk what the path is for the next good Nets team, like you have to build that chest off assets back up so you can get those swings at cheap young talent instead of investing in these guys in their late 20s

Yeah I'm trying to remain as flexible as possible considering other guys who have proven more need to get paid too, if we can get him on a good number I I'd be open to it though

Difference between the Rockets and Nets for me and why I think the Nets should be proactive and really should've traded both Cam and Mikal is idk what the path is for the next good Nets team, like you have to build that chest off assets back up so you can get those swings at cheap young talent instead of investing in these guys in their late 20s
Yeah I misread your post before lol

Can’t rely on FVV to be that guy

And I only bring up the nets comparisons and it’s loose because net fans stay having issues with either the coach or GM even this year and I’m like why??

The nets are overachieving, winning at a decent rate without Ben Simmons and other guys like Lonnie Walker and DSJ at times

Like you guys did not think you were going to be good this year anyways so why are you guys giving the coach/front office so much hell?

Yeah I misread your post before lol

Can’t rely on FVV to be that guy

And I only bring up the nets comparisons and it’s loose because net fans stay having issues with either the coach or GM even this year and I’m like why??

The nets are overachieving, winning at a decent rate without Ben Simmons and other guys like Lonnie Walker and DSJ at times

Like you guys did not think you were going to be good this year anyways so why are you guys giving the coach/front office so much hell?

Nope, and I like Fred and he's been good but that's not his role and shouldn't be tasked with carrying a team offensively

Here's my thing with the Nets and any team of that ilk, I know a lot of people will disagree....but if you can't say this our path to the next great version of this team than you should be proactively be trying to figure that out asap

Like I could understand if Bridges and Cam Johnson were younger or had some untapped potential but Brooklyn could've got so much for them if they would've just flipped them last season, like they could've really fleeced some teams

That's just me though, I get sometimes folk just want stability and they're happy where they're at

I have zero desire to chase the 8th seed/play-in tournament when you aren't going anywhere and have opportunities to collect more assets

Out of these guys, can you pick 3 that should be in the league?

Will Barton
John wall
TJ Warren
Wenyen Gabriel
Terence Davis
Nerlens Noel
Kai Jones
Josh Christopher
Darius Bazley
Justin Lewis
Romeo Langford
Elfrid Payton
Javonte Green
Jaylen Nowell
Justise Winslow

Nope, and I like Fred and he's been good but that's not his role and shouldn't be tasked with carrying a team offensively

Here's my thing with the Nets and any team of that ilk, I know a lot of people will disagree....but if you can't say this our path to the next great version of this team than you should be proactively be trying to figure that out asap

Like I could understand if Bridges and Cam Johnson were younger or had some untapped potential but Brooklyn could've got so much for them if they would've just flipped them last season, like they could've really fleeced some teams

That's just me though, I get sometimes folk just want stability and they're happy where they're at

I have zero desire to chase the 8th seed/play-in tournament when you aren't going anywhere and have opportunities to collect more assets
Yeah I feel you

I think after the KD era, they might really be seeking out the most stable situation for a bit

Will Barton
John wall
TJ Warren
Wenyen Gabriel
Terence Davis
Nerlens Noel
Kai Jones
Josh Christopher
Darius Bazley
Justin Lewis
Romeo Langford
Elfrid Payton
Javonte Green
Jaylen Nowell
Justise Winslow
winslow jones and noel imo

Meanwhile Killian 'Lightskin pelicans austin rivers' hayes shouldn't even be in the league tbh

Will Barton
John wall
TJ Warren
Wenyen Gabriel
Terence Davis
Nerlens Noel
Kai Jones
Josh Christopher
Darius Bazley
Justin Lewis
Romeo Langford
Elfrid Payton
Javonte Green
Jaylen Nowell
Justise Winslow
Wenyen Gabriel
Nerlens Noel
Terence Davis

Last edited:

Will Barton
John wall
TJ Warren
Wenyen Gabriel
Terence Davis
Nerlens Noel
Kai Jones
Josh Christopher
Darius Bazley
Justin Lewis
Romeo Langford
Elfrid Payton
Javonte Green
Jaylen Nowell
Justise Winslow

Nerlens Noel, Terence Davis, Gabriel

Javonte Green was really good for the Bulls a year or 2 ago but I think injuries fucked him up

Back