Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the projected money for the media deal is real, congratulations for the league.

My issue if Amazon and Showtime get some games is the fact that you will have to get even more Apps or Channels that you barely use. Not to mention the potential of this making league pass even more useless. If the companies that wanted games was a basic cable or network it would make more sense.

ESPN games back in the day (I don’t know if it’s the same because I haven’t had it since 2019) used to be blacked out with league pass to make you tune into their channel. What if these new partners want the same ordeal? The reason it wasn’t an issue for NBA TV and TNT games was due to Turner network owning both entities.

I don’t think ( I definitely could be wrong) cutting the legs from under league pass and making your fan base jump through various hoops to view your product is a smart business move, but what do I know?

Lmaooo at caring where the game is.

Half the time I dont even watch the national tv game and watch my team locally anyway.

Matterfact, take all the TNT games off. Lmaoo
I'm going to have to ask you to leave

I need my Inside The NBA on the night I'm used to

If the projected money for the media deal is real, congratulations for the league.

My issue if Amazon and Showtime get some games is the fact that you will have to get even more Apps or Channels that you barely use. Not to mention the potential of this making league pass even more useless. If the companies that wanted games was a basic cable or network it would make more sense.

ESPN games back in the day (I don’t know if it’s the same because I haven’t had it since 2019) used to be blacked out with league pass to make you tune into their channel. What if these new partners want the same ordeal? The reason it wasn’t an issue for NBA TV and TNT games was due to Turner network owning both entities.

I don’t think ( I definitely could be wrong) cutting the legs from under league pass and making your fan base jump through various hoops to view your product is a smart business move, but what do I know?
All fair and legit points.

But the money is too crazy to left those things get in the way.

They talking 75 to 100 billion for this next deal. Anywhere from double to quadruple the current deal. That alone is gonna raise the value of all teams by around 500 mil and players salaries are gonna baloon like crazy.

The NBA has to do it.

By then the NFL will already be split between like 5 channels and 3 streaming services, so the fans wont even be taken by surprise when the NBA does it.

Lmaooo at caring where the game is.

Half the time I dont even watch the national tv game and watch my team locally anyway.

Matterfact, take all the TNT games off. Lmaoo
Some areas don’t really have local feeds and have to get Bally sports, either in app form or added as a bonus to the cable package.

Honestly, I thought the same way into I actually moved to Texas because I always had broadband league pass and got to watch my Spurs wherever I lived.

Since moving here I’ve witnessed the shit show that is NBA broadcasting and understand why some fans are starting to chill with watching

Some areas don’t really have local feeds and have to get Bally sports, either in app form or added as a bonus to the cable package.

Honestly, I thought the same way into I actually moved to Texas because I always had broadband league pass and got to watch my Spurs wherever I lived.

Since moving here I’ve witnessed the shit show that is NBA broadcasting and understand why some fans are starting to chill with watching
Its the same for the Knicks.

Im in a situation where I have youtube tv and league pass and still cant watch my Knicks play.

Imo, soon as someone commits to paying $300 for league pass, they should be able to watch anything thats not on national tv.

But instead, i can have youtube tv with the nba tv package, league pass, and still have the Knicks blocked out when they on NBA TV.

I finally got tired of it. This year im saying fuck the NBA. Been a league pass customer for years. But this year im cancelling my subscription and pirating Knicks game.

Fuck them.

All fair and legit points.

But the money is too crazy to left those things get in the way.

They talking 75 to 100 billion for this next deal. Anywhere from double to quadruple the current deal. That alone is gonna raise the value of all teams by around 500 mil and players salaries are gonna baloon like crazy.

The NBA has to do it.

By then the NFL will already be split between like 5 channels and 3 streaming services, so the fans wont even be taken by surprise when the NBA does it.
Oh, I understand 100% that the league has got to do this deal. I even started off by saying congratulations if the money being projected is true. Lmao.

I’m just stating how a lot of American fans are gonna look at this. The NBA is gonna have a hard time catching up to the NFL in this country. Worldwide the league is beloved and it’s actually easier for them to view games than Americans right now. Lmao. They get league pass and ESPN app and they are set. Make that make sense….. foreigners can watch games easier than we can. Lmao.

I say all that to say this…….. the NBA fan base is a tad bit more fickle than the NFL and comparing the 2 and trying to do what the NFL does is a slippery slope in my opinion. Their fan base is a tad bit more loyal in the USA and have showed this by putting their money where their mouth is.

I’m gonna watch my SPURS regardless to what the league does. Shit, one of the reasons I moved to this area was due to my fandom. They got my dumb ass locked in. Lmao. I just can see this being a bad move as far as keeping fans. I’m most likely wrong though. Lmao.

I just wish they come up with an app that keeps track and organizes all the other apps you use.

Its the same for the Knicks.

Im in a situation where I have youtube tv and league pass and still cant watch my Knicks play.

Imo, soon as someone commits to paying $300 for league pass, they should be able to watch anything thats not on national tv.

But instead, i can have youtube tv with the nba tv package, league pass, and still have the Knicks blocked out when they on NBA TV.

I finally got tired of it. This year im saying fuck the NBA. Been a league pass customer for years. But this year im cancelling my subscription and pirating Knicks game.

Fuck them.
Been pirating games for years now

Welcome to the family

Do you guys miss when the home team wore white and road team wore a non white jersey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back