Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESPN and TNT, which carry roughly 165 nationally televised games combined, are exploring signing up for smaller packages, said people familiar with the situation. That arrangement would help them hang onto a premier asset in American media without breaking the bank. Those companies already are in renewal talks with the NBA, with an exclusive negotiation period set to expire in April.

If ESPN and TNT buy fewer games, that would allow the league to create a package for a streaming video player Amazon and Apple already have expressed interest—and are looking for much more than a small slice of NBA games.

“They’re benefitting from the fact that there are new entrants who look to want to play,” said Jonathan Miller, former NBA executive and chief executive of Integrated Media, which specializes in digital media investments.
SMH

I don’t blame ESPN & TNT for wanting to watch cost, but this is gonna suck for the fans in my opinion.

SMH

I don’t blame ESPN & TNT for wanting to watch cost, but this is gonna suck for the fans in my opinion.

Think espn and tnt will have games on once a week instead of twice a week and nbc will have a game of the week on Sunday nights when the nfl season is over

Shoutout to Dayron sharpe

Gonna give BK good mins this year

I’m starting to question if the nets can even be a 10th seed tho

Idk man the Magic might be a better team than yall

pacers are def better

Yall have been horrible defensively this entire preseason and yall somehow operate like yall don’t know how to play together when it’s largely the same team

Idk about Orlando I might call cap on that but Indy maybe
I wanna see where we at by the AS break before I cast doubt cause they really only played half a season together and that was without Ben as well. I think they need more time to play together barring any injuries from derailing that. Defensively they SHOULD be able to get it together.

We might not have a tier 1 level star anymore but theres too many talented pieces here for them to bottom out and not even get a play-in spot

Idk about Orlando I might call cap on that but Indy maybe
I wanna see where we at by the AS break before I cast doubt cause they really only played half a season together and that was without Ben as well. I think they need more time to play together barring any injuries from derailing that. Defensively they SHOULD be able to get it together.

We might not have a tier 1 level star anymore but theres too many talented pieces here for them to bottom out and not even get a play-in spot
Yeah I feel that

It’s just you guys’ 4 best players are all 3rd options

The rest are all good 7th men on good teams

Might be fighting the bulls or hornets for the 10th seed but I mean it could shake a bit better

It kinda don’t matter in the grand scheme though

Yeah I feel that

It’s just you guys’ 4 best players are all 3rd options

The rest are all good 7th men on good teams

Might be fighting the bulls or hornets for the 10th seed but I mean it could shake a bit better

It kinda don’t matter in the grand scheme though

You kno what

I think the season hinges on a healthy Ben, continued growth from Claxton and more importantly Mikal evolving from a glorified "3rd option" to a full blown all-star.

If he steps up and breaks out the Nets will be good.

You kno what

I think the season hinges on a healthy Ben, continued growth from Claxton and more importantly Mikal evolving from a glorified "3rd option" to a full blown all-star.

If he steps up and breaks out the Nets will be good.
I like Mikal man I really do

I just don’t think he’s going to duplicate what he did after he got traded there

But moreso what Jerami Grant did his first year in Detroit

I’m welcome to being wrong. The nets have a lot of guys that are easy to root for but I just don’t see the functional depth

All I see is logjam and not enough playmaking/rebounding

I like Mikal man I really do

I just don’t think he’s going to duplicate what he did after he got traded there

But moreso what Jerami Grant did his first year in Detroit

I’m welcome to being wrong. The nets have a lot of guys that are easy to root for but I just don’t see the functional depth

All I see is logjam and not enough playmaking/rebounding
Mikal should be able to step up like a Jalen Brunson
You're right about the rebounding tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back