Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Not so hot take

Knicks are the 3rd with potential to be the 2nd best team in the East
Agreed.

But this is all contingent on Randle coming back and being good post injury. Mitch coming back so we have more than 1 compitent big man. And a trade to get us some consistent bench scoring.

All that happens, Knicks wont be a favorite by any means, but theyll be good enough to be able to upset anybody.

drive-by-face-cover.gif

drive-by.gif

tumblr_mvxmeb4R941rr4d93o1_400_medium.gif

Agreed.

But this is all contingent on Randle coming back and being good post injury. Mitch coming back so we have more than 1 compitent big man. And a trade to get us some consistent bench scoring.

All that happens, Knicks wont be a favorite by any means, but theyll be good enough to be able to upset anybody.

Knicks are in a great situation

Maybe get some backup pointguard depth or another ballhandler before the deadline but nothing that jeopardizes flexibility and cap space/assets

Just need to stay patient right until the right move comes along which I don't know exactly what that is

Don't like the Murray, Mitchell, Lavine fits

Don't really like the idea of Towns being there but the Brunson/Towns pick and pop would be nasty

Don't see Paul Geoege leaving the Clippers

If I was able to just pick a player that's probably the best fit for what yall need would be Jimmy Butler or Mikal Bridges

Whatever it is though yall don't need to rush it and see what it things look like in the offseason

Knicks are in a great situation

Maybe get some backup pointguard depth or another ballhandler before the deadline but nothing that jeopardizes flexibility and cap space/assets

Just need to stay patient right until the right move comes along which I don't know exactly what that is

Don't like the Murray, Mitchell, Lavine fits

Don't really like the idea of Towns being there but the Brunson/Towns pick and pop would be nasty

Don't see Paul Geoege leaving the Clippers

If I was able to just pick a player that's probably the best fit for what yall need would be Jimmy Butler or Mikal Bridges

Whatever it is though yall don't need to rush it and see what it things look like in the offseason
Facts. We have until Brunsons contract needs to be reupped in 2 seasons.

I dont like Towns on this team. Hard to see how itll work having Towns on a team whose identity is toughness. Also a mfer who talks with a fake voice is not built for NY media.

Also dont like Lavine and DM. I also dont think we need Dejounte anymore cause theres only 1 ball.

Im with you. Its just time to be patient.

That said, this team is too good to go into the playoffs with this bench. Front office needs to make a trade to give them a chance imo.

They gained enough good will from me that if they try and dont see something they like ill be ok with it. But they have to try.

Last edited:
Facts. We have until Brunsons contract needs to be reupped in 2 seasons.

I dont like Towns on this team. Hard to see how itll work having Towns on a team whose identity is toughness. Also a mfer who talks with a fake voice is not built for NY media.

Also dont like Lavine and DM. I also dont think we need Dejounte anymore cause we only have 1 ball.

Im with you. Its just time to be patient.

That said, this team is too good to go into the playoffs with this bench. Front office needs to make a trade to give them a chance imo.

They gained enough good will from me that if they try and dont see something they like ill be ok with it. But they have to try.

Thats the hard part....trying to maintain future flexibility while improving the current team

I agree a better bench piece or two would be nice but yall are relatively deep and it's hard to find better players than you currently have without giving up something of value

Going to be interesting to see how creative the Knicks front office gets and how they navigate things between now and the summer

Thats the hard part....trying to maintain future flexibility while improving the current team

I agree a better bench piece or two would be nice but yall are relatively deep and it's hard to find better players than you currently have without giving up something of value

Going to be interesting to see how creative the Knicks front office gets and how they navigate things between now and the summer
the issue is we dont have a creator off the bench.

Loving what I'm seeing from Mcbride overall, but Im tired of seeing him dribble and go nowhere.

The cool thing is that the last handful of games, OG been showing something on offense thats surprised me in a good way. Ive seen him create for himself and drive to the rim and score or even pull up for the midrange. If thats consistent, thats big.

What we need though is to see what we can get for Grimes, Fournier, and a lightly protected 1st. Im not willing to give up any more than that. But that should be good enough to get some shot creation off the bench.

Like I said though, if they try and come back saying we didnt like any of our options, I wont be mad.

the issue is we dont have a creator off the bench.

Loving what I'm seeing from Mcbride overall, but Im tired of seeing him dribble and go nowhere.

The cool thing is that the last handful of games, OG been showing something on offense thats surprised me in a good way. Ive seen him create for himself and drive to the rim and score or even pull up for the midrange. If thats consistent, thats big.

What we need though is to see what we can get for Grimes, Fournier, and a lightly protected 1st. Im not willing to give up any more than that. But that should be good enough to get some shot creation off the bench.

Like I said though, if they try and come back saying we didnt like any of our options, I wont be mad.

I agree...I think that should be enough to get some ballhandling help

Wizards should jump on that for Tyus Jones

Back