Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the bare minimum one should expect of a #1 overall pick atleast 4 seasons in?

It's a cop out answer but I think a lot of the expectations depends on the situation and type of player

I think in a general sense though by year four you should be pushing for playoffs......1-2 years of additional tanking and team building....year 3-4 adding the right pieces to take the next step forward and try to make playoffs...if everything goes right with their development and trajectory as a player

It's a cop out answer but I think a lot of the expectations depends on the situation and type of player

I think in a general sense though by year four you should be pushing for playoffs......1-2 years of additional tanking and team building....year 3-4 adding the right pieces to take the next step forward and try to make playoffs...if everything goes right with their development and trajectory as a player
What if you..lemme throw out an example scenario was giving a team 11 and 4 and that’s pretty much your career average and you’re idk…in your 7th year?

Just curious

What if you..lemme throw out an example scenario was giving a team 11 and 4 and that’s pretty much your career average and you’re idk…in your 7th year?

Just curious

Lol Fultz is a weird situation

I was very high on him coming out of Washington...like he was and still is one of my favorite prospects that I had watched....based on what he did in college he was very much justified being the number 1 pick

Then for some reason he lost confidence and forgot how to shoot...had to pretty much rebuild himself as a player

Now he's a really good defender and a solid offensive player...but still a shell of himself offensively as far as what he wad supposed to be

I guess I say all that to say this, Fultz will and should be viewed as a disappointment as number 1 pick because he probably can't even be a starter on a contending team and the Jayson Tatum part of it as well

Lol Fultz is a weird situation

I was very high on him coming out of Washington...like he was and still is one of my favorite prospects that I had watched....based on what he did in college he was very much justified being the number 1 pick

Then for some reason he lost confidence and forgot how to shoot...had to pretty much rebuild himself as a player

Now he's a really good defender and a solid offensive player...but still a shell of himself offensively as far as what he wad supposed to be

I guess I say all that to say this, Fultz will and should be viewed as a disappointment as number 1 pick because he probably can't even be a starter on a contending team and the Jayson Tatum part of it as well
Word I feel that

I don’t even hate fultz but I don’t appreciate people acting like Orlando is witness protection from scrutiny lol

If ayton, zion, ben have gotten flack then fultz needs to get it too

We can’t let what happened 5-6 seasons ago still shield him now

Even Marvin bagley and James wiseman get more shit than fultz

At some point we gotta tell the truth man

lol what’s your point?

I said fultz gets nothing that Ben, Zion, or ayton gets
Because Zion Ben and Ayton were supposed to be generational superstars that would be the face or one of the faces of the league. Fultz didn’t get anywhere close to that hype coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back