Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 groups of 5 teams play each team in their group. 2 home games, 2 road games.

End of the group stage the 3 teams with the best record in their group in each conference advance to a single elimination tournament. Also 1 wild card from each conference, which is the team with the 2nd best record within the groups.

Semi finals and finals played in vegas

This is essentially pool play right now. The winners of the brackets will play in Vegas I think and earn a cash prize

I'm simplifying it and I might have gotten something wrong but yeah
Preciate you both.

Im glad all this counts as regular season games as well.

NBA smart for that. Cause they gon get me to watch just because its regular season basketball. But on top of that they might get some casuals to tune in off the strength that its a tournament.

Smart mfers.

Correct me if I'm wrong. The only thing coming outta this tourney is prize money? This is another Silver cash grab? Niggas making 20 million plus supposed to care about winning 500k?

Again. Correct me if I'm wrong.
imo the 500k just for show.

All players gonna make much more money if this blows up and the NBA packages it to some network for a billie.

Correct me if I'm wrong. The only thing coming outta this tourney is prize money? This is another Silver cash grab? Niggas making 20 million plus supposed to care about winning 500k?

Well it’s attractive for a large number of players imo because if the 500k is upfront that’s a pretty good prize

Players get paid on the 1st and 15th so if you make like 8 mil that’s like 660k twice a months. That’s almost one paycheck to blow

For guys like Russ who make 4 mil that’s something significant

I mean I know you really mean the stars and that I don’t have an incentive for

But I think that’s why the in season tournament is fused with reg season games so it doesn’t really affect anything for the stars except a small bump if you win. I mean you gonna play the games regardless so an extra 500k is cool

Nate jones (lillard’s manager/marketing guy) said they should reward the winning team with an automatic play in spot

If it makes the NBA in November and December interesting, I say go for it
The season is still young. No team is outta the race this early. If you can't be interested in the early part of the season then maybe basketball ain't for you. I could see if teams were already eliminated from the playoffs or a team went into tank mode but November & December is that honeymoon stage where you still have hope for your team.

Preciate you both.

NBA smart for that. Cause they gon get me to watch just because its regular season basketball. But on top of that they might get some casuals to tune in off the strength that its a tournament.

Smart mfers.
Do you disagree @5th Letter ?

Preciate you both.

Smart mfers.
I can't see casuals caring about a tourney where all but 2 of today's games are on the NBA app. Casuals didn't even watch the all star game last season. It had one of its lowest ratings ever and that was on regular TV not an app.

Bragging rights.

Plus most players don't make anything close to 20 mil a year.

Bragging rights is a media myth

Just like players don’t wanna be picked last for the NBA draft

Just like players can’t do a 1 on 1 tourney because of ego

All made up by media and people just ran with it

math-zach-galifianakis.gif

:hahaha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back