Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

I'm all for letting players be more physical, BUT officials still are either missing blatant fouls on drives to the cup or just swallowing the whistle and they are still calling too many phantom fouls cause players jerking their heads back

Ant man got clobbered across the forearm on a drive to the basket, ref calls out of bounds, Minnesota ball

Gobert gets called for a moving screen like ten seconds into the game. It was marginal at best.

I would've at least passed on the first one, and see if he does it again the next trip up court

I know the Pacers had a favorable situation to get to the conference finals but the Kings should feel like some dickheads for trading Haliburton

People keep talking about that being a win win for both teams

No the fuck it wasn't

Sacramento about to be lost in the sauce while the rest of the west passes them up

I think they jumped the gun and traded him too early but they eventually would've had to pivot off one of them either way.

They've held onto keegan Murray tight he has to take a big leap or they're fucked.

I'm all for letting players be more physical, BUT officials still are either missing blatant fouls on drives to the cup or just swallowing the whistle and they are still calling too many phantom fouls cause players jerking their heads back

Ant man got clobbered across the forearm on a drive to the basket, ref calls out of bounds, Minnesota ball

Gobert gets called for a moving screen like ten seconds into the game. It was marginal at best.

I would've at least passed on the first one, and see if he does it again the next trip up court
I’m just piggy backing off your post not really directly replying but I’m starting to give refs more grace in the sense that it’s easy for the viewer to see than the refs

From floor level you have to sift through 10 guys moving at a fast pace and catch things in real time with no replay

I can’t expect the refs to see everything

I’m just piggy backing off your post not really directly replying but I’m starting to give refs more grace in the sense that it’s easy for the viewer to see than the refs

From floor level you have to sift through 10 guys moving at a fast pace and catch things in real time with no replay

I can’t expect the refs to see everything
Agreed, however, and this is what's always puzzled me about NBA officials since I've been a referee is how they are almost always out of position for a lot of the calls that are missed

If you are the baseline official, why in the world are you hanging out in the corner for corner 3s trying to officiate drives to the basket. You are going to guess way more often vs if you do what's called closing down to the nearest lane line so you can see the contact.

Agreed, however, and this is what's always puzzled me about NBA officials since I've been a referee is how they are almost always out of position for a lot of the calls that are missed

If you are the baseline official, why in the world are you hanging out in the corner for corner 3s trying to officiate drives to the basket. You are going to guess way more often vs if you do what's called closing down to the nearest lane line so you can see the contact.
Tell me if this is dumb

But could that be due to the pace being so fast now? Can the ref even get in position consistently if he’s going to be under the hoop and then run to be the trailer?

I think they jumped the gun and traded him too early but they eventually would've had to pivot off one of them either way.

They've held onto keegan Murray tight he has to take a big leap or they're fucked.

All facts

Trading him wasn't necessarily the issue but the timing and who they identified as the trade target was wrong

I need Danny Ainge to do me a solid and trade us Kessler

Jazz going to have to make a decision one way or the other

I know they would love nothing more than to draft Cooper Flagg and have Utah be the cac mecca for hoops but you won't be one of the five worst teams if you still have Sexton, Markkanen, Collins, Kessler ect and Ainge is absolutely going to try to fleece someone if they want Lauri

Now they have plenty of ammunition with all the assets they got from the Gobert and Mitchell trade.......so if they wanted to they could try to add and build around what they already have but idk what that move is or what it looks like

Tell me if this is dumb

But could that be due to the pace being so fast now? Can the ref even get in position consistently if he’s going to be under the hoop and then run to be the trailer?
Yes it is possible

That's not dumb at all.

I've spoken on this before but it appears the NBA does not have primary areas of coverage or at least in the way I've been taught.

I've seen the slot official call something on the other side of the basket right in front of the trail officials face and vice versa and even saw the lead official call something at the top of the key

If you are looking way over there from any of those spots, how can you see the obvious right in front of you?

Jazz going to have to make a decision one way or the other

I know they would love nothing more than to draft Cooper Flagg and have Utah be the cac mecca for hoops but you won't be one of the five worst teams if you still have Sexton, Markkanen, Collins, Kessler ect and Ainge is absolutely going to try to fleece someone if they want Lauri

Now they have plenty of ammunition with all the assets they got from the Gobert and Mitchell trade.......so if they wanted to they could try to add and build around what they already have but idk what that move is or what it looks like
Only thing I know for sure is they wish John Collins wasn’t there lol

if they play ball with Herro I’ll take him off their hands

Yes it is possible

That's not dumb at all.

I've spoken on this before but it appears the NBA does not have primary areas of coverage or at least in the way I've been taught.

I've seen the slot official call something on the other side of the basket right in front of the trail officials face and vice versa and even saw the lead official call something at the top of the key

If you are looking way over there from any of those spots, how can you see the obvious right in front of you?
i think the emphasis on 3 point shooting, quicker pace, and gather step changes/liberties, etc is making the refs look more at other areas vs the ones they were focused on before

Back