2023/2024 Football/Soccer Thread ⚽️

Palace destroying villa sheesh

Oh what a game my friend... Live and direct, I was AT Selhurst park whilst tuning into the other results. I honestly thought arsenal was gonna bottle it against Everton. From seeing the highlights, it was a shit winner too, but in the end the inevitable happened.

Palace made some fine work and Oliver Glasner is the truth... History Making end to the season 2023/24.

• Crystal Palace have won six of their past seven Premier League games (D1), as many as they managed in their previous 30 matches in the competition (D9 L15). The Eagles have collected 24 points in 13 matches under Oliver Glasner, with only Manchester City (35), Arsenal (34) and Chelsea (28) claiming more points since the manager's first game in February.
  • Palace, unbeaten in their last seven matches, finished with 49 points and a first top-half league finish since 2015. It equals both a best-ever 10th-placed and 49-point Premier League finish. They scored 57 goals in their league campaign, their highest ever top-flight goal tally.
  • Palace's Jean-Philippe Mateta has scored 16 Premier League goals this season - only Andrew Johnson has netted more for the Eagles across a single campaign in the competition (21 in 2004-05).
  • Mateta has become just the second French player to score in seven home Premier League home appearances in a row, after Thierry Henry for Arsenal between May and October 2004.
  • Mateta's hat-trick was the 14th to be scored on the final day of a Premier League season, and the first since Harry Kane's treble for Tottenham against Hull in 2016-17. It was also the first hat-trick to be scored by a Crystal Palace player at Selhurst Park in the Premier League.
  • Michael Olise has been directly involved in 16 goals across just 14 starts in the Premier League this term (10 goals, six assists), only Cesc Fabregas (17 in 2016-17) has been involved in more goals across a single season in the competition having started fewer than 15 games.

Just got to keep the main jewels of the squad together, fit and healthy... Top 8/Qualify for Europe can be next season's aim

Oh what a game my friend... Live and direct, I was AT Selhurst park whilst tuning into the other results. I honestly thought arsenal was gonna bottle it against Everton. From seeing the highlights, it was a shit winner too, but in the end the inevitable happened.

Palace made some fine work and Oliver Glasner is the truth... History Making end to the season 2023/24.

• Crystal Palace have won six of their past seven Premier League games (D1), as many as they managed in their previous 30 matches in the competition (D9 L15). The Eagles have collected 24 points in 13 matches under Oliver Glasner, with only Manchester City (35), Arsenal (34) and Chelsea (28) claiming more points since the manager's first game in February.
  • Palace, unbeaten in their last seven matches, finished with 49 points and a first top-half league finish since 2015. It equals both a best-ever 10th-placed and 49-point Premier League finish. They scored 57 goals in their league campaign, their highest ever top-flight goal tally.
  • Palace's Jean-Philippe Mateta has scored 16 Premier League goals this season - only Andrew Johnson has netted more for the Eagles across a single campaign in the competition (21 in 2004-05).
  • Mateta has become just the second French player to score in seven home Premier League home appearances in a row, after Thierry Henry for Arsenal between May and October 2004.
  • Mateta's hat-trick was the 14th to be scored on the final day of a Premier League season, and the first since Harry Kane's treble for Tottenham against Hull in 2016-17. It was also the first hat-trick to be scored by a Crystal Palace player at Selhurst Park in the Premier League.
  • Michael Olise has been directly involved in 16 goals across just 14 starts in the Premier League this term (10 goals, six assists), only Cesc Fabregas (17 in 2016-17) has been involved in more goals across a single season in the competition having started fewer than 15 games.

Just got to keep the main jewels of the squad together, fit and healthy... Top 8/Qualify for Europe can be next season's aim
Just noticed Guehi played midfield today. Why? And how did he play?

Damn, that sucks.

Didn’t one of the youth teams also win something. The senior men’s team can kick rocks then, celebrate those that are worth it.

In more drama news
They saying Darwin wasn’t clapping for Klopp as he went through the guard of honor (people are saying he clapped for everyone else)