Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 Football/Soccer Thread ⚽️

@Valentinez A. Kaiser i did not watch Palace this season as much as i have done in the past. Did Olise really jump up to another level? Bcos i dont understand Chelsea's infatuation in him (and the Chelsea fans too). This is not a position of need at all, we already have a million left footed wingers (especially with Paez and Estevao coming in 2025). Only way this makes sense is if he really did make a jump in levels and is now a top 10 player in the league. Plus dude is injury prone.

I wont complain though, i am ok getting another Nigerian on my team.

@Valentinez A. Kaiser i did not watch Palace this season as much as i have done in the past. Did Olise really jump up to another level? Bcos i dont understand Chelsea's infatuation in him (and the Chelsea fans too). This is not a position of need at all, we already have a million left footed wingers (especially with Paez and Estevao coming in 2025). Only way this makes sense is if he really did make a jump in levels and is now a top 10 player in the league. Plus dude is injury prone.

I wont complain though, i am ok getting another Nigerian on my team.

Two things...

1) it was reported last summer that his younger brother Richard plays for Chelsea (u18s I think) and Michael did until he was 14, so there's always been these links with him as "one who got away" type shit. Plus he fits the new era Boehly mould of young talent with high ceiling potential.

829.jpg

Olise on the right, dad on the left, kid bro in the middle and white guy is some coach.

Secondly, he didn't play as much this season but when he did... Oh boy!
19 games (14 starts), 10 goals, 6 assists. Translates to a g/a per 1.19 games.
Only Palmer can rival him this season

olise-1715078890-135936.png
olise-pl-1715078942-135937.png

He ranks among the top 1% of attacking midfielders and wingers across Europe's top five leagues over the past year for goals, the top 3% for assists, the top 7% for shot-creating actions, the top 14% for passes attempted, the top 18% for progressive passes and the top 13% for successful take-ons per 90.

The previous season he only scored 2 goals but delivered 11 assists. So in terms of improvement, it's definitely been in the goals department. I can tell his confidence has come on leaps and bounds in a year, as there were moments in 22/23 where he could shoot but always preferred to pass.

pl-most-assists-22-23-1024x1024.png

In all honesty, I don't want either to leave Palace but if given the choice I'd much edge Eze to leave over Olise. One because Olise is younger (22 vs 25) and two, he can easily play #10, on the left and even up front. His versatility shines a lot and his ceiling is ridiculously high!

Back