Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 Football/Soccer Thread ⚽️

Status
Not open for further replies.

I swear this has happened to him before ...or Mourinho has done this to another player 🙄

'When I was at Man United, I changed a player at half time. I made a change and was accused of bullying,' he said, choosing not reveal the player.

Suggesting how times have changed since his first stint in England, Mourinho hinted that managers now must consider players feelings when making tactical decisions.

Mourinho referenced how he took off Chelsea's half-time substitute Nemanja Matic after just 28 minutes at Stamford Bridge against Southampton in October 2015, insisting that he was 'doing anything' he could to win the match.

'With Matic at Stamford Bridge, he was on the bench. I put him on minute 45, I take him off around minute 70. That's education, that's coaching. That's doing anything to win. I had to (make the) change,' he said.

'I laugh about these times but it's different times (now). Even to be a dad, you have to be a different dad to how your dad was to you. You have to change according to the world.'

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back