Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NFL Season Thread

NFL already won bro

Goodell can appoint himself to hear the appeal. He prob wont do that…I expect it to be another person that works for the league.

Aint no might be suspended for a year…thats whats going to happen. After that either the NFLPA will accept or sue and take it to federal court…(which they will have a very hard to winning…considering this process was collectively bargained). Even if they get a stay on the suspension until the case is resolved

If you are Watson do you want to risk losing 43 million dollars next season plus a fine? Or just take this year…lose a mil plus whatever fine is levied?

I know what I would do.
Right I was just saying it may be a year or longer if that but big ben got away with it tho....

Right I was just saying it may be a year or longer if that but big ben got away with it tho....

Best route is to take it to federal court, most judges may defer to previous judges decision based on her findings. Happens all the time. She rules in the NFL favor but against Goddell.

I don’t like how she said he showed no remorse.

bruh believe he didn’t SA any of them so he feels nothing to be remorseful about

CLEVELAND (AP) — NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has chosen former New Jersey Attorney General Peter C. Harvey to hear the appeal of the six-game suspension for Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson.

Watson was suspended this week by independent disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson, who concluded he violated the league's personal conduct policy after being accused of sexual misconduct by two dozen women in Texas.

The league, which had been pushing for an indefinite suspension for Watson, wanted further discipline and appealed Robinson's ruling on Wednesday.

Under the collective bargaining agreement, the appeal gave the power back to Goodell to enact punishment but he instead chose Harvey, currently a partner at a law firm in New York.

In noting his qualifications, the league said Harvey “has deep expertise in criminal law, including domestic violence and sexual assault, and has advised the NFL and other professional leagues on the development and implementation of workplace policies, including the NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy."

Harvey has also served as Goodell's designee in other arbitrations.

Are we using this thread for the HOF game?

Lol we're all excited football is back but know this game is about to be vanilla as hell

One thing I haven't seen discussed is how the refs will be this season

How some of y’all rooks looking in camp?

Jahan Dotson and Cole Turner turning heads for us. Brian Robinson & Sam Howell been solid too. Albeit Sam is running with the 3’s.

Jahan Dotson and Cole Turner turning heads for us. Brian Robinson & Sam Howell been solid too. Albeit Sam is running with the 3’s.
Isaiah likely has been the most impressive rookie out of our camp so far, even tho he’s a tight end he’s been getting busy on corners and safeties he caught 2 touchdowns today. Hamilton has been solid but he got cooked a few times. Linderbaum has been solid but you can’t tell much from a center from practice

Hurts still doing the same bad things he was doing in college 3 years ago😒

All 4 of ours may be getting solid playing time w/3 of them being actual starters

Way to Early tho

Last edited:

Pierce looking good against press coverage he's getting separation at the line and running his routes smooth

CLEVELAND (AP) — NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has chosen former New Jersey Attorney General Peter C. Harvey to hear the appeal of the six-game suspension for Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson.

Watson was suspended this week by independent disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson, who concluded he violated the league's personal conduct policy after being accused of sexual misconduct by two dozen women in Texas.

The league, which had been pushing for an indefinite suspension for Watson, wanted further discipline and appealed Robinson's ruling on Wednesday.

Under the collective bargaining agreement, the appeal gave the power back to Goodell to enact punishment but he instead chose Harvey, currently a partner at a law firm in New York.

In noting his qualifications, the league said Harvey “has deep expertise in criminal law, including domestic violence and sexual assault, and has advised the NFL and other professional leagues on the development and implementation of workplace policies, including the NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy."

Harvey has also served as Goodell's designee in other arbitrations.

lol they jus gone hire another judge to hear the case? OK

George Pickens a dog. He been dominating in every practice. He has Been running with the 1s. Bro is a candidate for OROTY.

Calvin Austin III looks good. Really showing his speed but he can def run the whole route tree well. Really well.

Kenny Pickett is still finding consistency. You can tell he is still adjusting. He has been running with the 3s and 2s. Of course he looks better when he runs with the 2s. Wanna see him with 1s at some point. Unless he makes a giant leap or Tribs get hurt KP battling for QB2…and I’m ok with that.

Connor Heyward looks good. Really showing that versatility he was drafted for. Just like CA3 I see him contributing on offense. He gonna be a dawg on special teams as well.

Mark Robinson is a thumper. He brings that hat. Gonna be great on special teams. Dont see he getting any other reps barring injury.

Demarvin Leal looking great too. Def making a case to get in the DL rotation…more than likely during passing downs.

Chris Olakadun is basically a camp arm. Haven’t gotten any meaningful reps. He will be a practice squad developmental guy.

I feel good about this class. All besides Olakadun will make the 53 and get reps on O, D or ST

Best route is to take it to federal court, most judges may defer to previous judges decision based on her findings. Happens all the time. She rules in the NFL favor but against Goddell.
I think this is a losing battle for NFLPA imo.

they will be arguing based off of Ben Roethlisberger’s case from 12 years ago. The conduct policy has been amended and updated twice since then.

Again…me personally wouldn’t roll the dice if I was Deshaun. The difference in money lost is significant if this suspension (whether 6 games or a year) is served next season.

George Pickens a dog. He been dominating in every practice. He has Been running with the 1s. Bro is a candidate for OROTY.

Calvin Austin III looks good. Really showing his speed but he can def run the whole route tree well. Really well.

Kenny Pickett is still finding consistency. You can tell he is still adjusting. He has been running with the 3s and 2s. Of course he looks better when he runs with the 2s. Wanna see him with 1s at some point. Unless he makes a giant leap or Tribs get hurt KP battling for QB2…and I’m ok with that.

Connor Heyward looks good. Really showing that versatility he was drafted for. Just like CA3 I see him contributing on offense. He gonna be a dawg on special teams as well.

Mark Robinson is a thumper. He brings that hat. Gonna be great on special teams. Dont see he getting any other reps barring injury.

Demarvin Leal looking great too. Def making a case to get in the DL rotation…more than likely during passing downs.

Chris Olakadun is basically a camp arm. Haven’t gotten any meaningful reps. He will be a practice squad developmental guy.

I feel good about this class. All besides Olakadun will make the 53 and get reps on O, D or ST

Yea. Didnt read all that.

But i like pickens. Wish we drafted him

Back