Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/23 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also when Kendrick Perkins himself said he gets on TV and says stuff just to get computers putin’ then idk why someone would take him seriously and side with him on anything

Then you would understand why he’s on ESPN so much

ESPN needs the viewership

Arguably the consensus #1 and #2 players all time had to deal with voter fatigue

Cac come along.

STOP USING THE RACE CARD! The EFFICIENCY! THE VORP! YOU GUYS ARE OVERREACTING HE DESERVES IT. #ISTANDWITHJJ 🥹

Harriet Tubman rolling in her grave

Shits nasty. Two things can be true

He’s having the best season. Cool. Many players have had the best season without winning the award.

Any other time, precedent would’ve been from opening night for narratives to be pushed relentlessly on overdrive for any other mvp contender but him. And he would be unofficially disqualified for the award. A la Giannis in 2021 being the most recent example. Had a crazy season as best player in the league, they just ignored it and he came in 4th while nobody batted an eye.

I’m lowkey pushing for Joker to have an even better year next year and watch them all of a sudden catch the fatigue again because he already accomplished the elusive 3x in a row.

Niggas can act dense but it is what it is.

If they want to stop the bitching, it would be worth exploring it

The days of one dude being head and shoulders better than everyone else are over.

People are forced to create any little metric to separate people. Who wants that?
If they’re gonna do it like that, they might as well split it like MLB does and have MVP’s for the individual leagues. In this case you’d have Eastern/Western Conference MVP, which is wack lol

It makes sense in the mlb because there was a difference in leagues up until recently.

When KD sweeps Joker in round 2 I’m putting up Wilt slander numbers
But what does this accomplish? Jokic wouldn’t be running for MVP at that point

I never understood that angle

I feel like the only time that mattered is when Dirk won the award after he got ousted in the playoffs (that 5th don’t remember apparently)

But what does this accomplish? Jokic wouldn’t be running for MVP at that point

I never understood that angle

I feel like the only time that mattered is when Dirk won the award after he got ousted in the playoffs (that 5th don’t remember apparently)

It’s simple.

Look at the list of niggas he’s going to be with once this is accomplished. Why we wouldn’t he get slandered. It’s not specific to the award. Winning the award this many times let alone 3 times in a row puts him with all time greats. It’s like niggas wanna dickride this Nigga all the while wanting him to be looked at like Demar derozan.

LeBron caught hell for losing with Mo Williams as his number 2, Kobe caught hell for losing as a 7 seed to the Suns, Giannis caught hell for losing to the Heat in the bubble, KD caught hell Mr. Unreliable. You clown Iverson all the time. AI got to the finals in year 5 this nigga in year 9. Niggas have no issue clowning James Harden when he was losing to the Warriors. Dame gets slandered more than this Nigga nobody cared that CJ was his Robin.

That’s all playoff shit. So why the fuck would a nigga that is on a list with Wilt, Bill Russell and Larry Bird get a pass? Niggas already making excuses about his roster. Dwight can carry a team to the finals but all time great Joker gonna get treated like he in the slow class. Foh

Oh I’m not saying he wouldn’t deserve slander I’m just saying the MVP shouldn’t be used against him in the slander because it’s two separate things

He can be slandered for losing and I think if he does lose prior to the conf finals a lot of ppl will jump off the wagon

Jokic is different from a lot of players because he almost never talks so you can’t accuse him of being arrogant or like he deserves to lose after saying certain comments or it’s just hard to use what he said against him like guys in the past because he doesn’t even put himself in that position

270070032_651851062859760_4240595889560556799_n.webp

And the other one:
Moreover, Shaq averaged a phenomenal 22.9 points, 10.4 rebounds, and 2.7 assists during the season. On the other hand, Steve Nash averaged 15.5 points, 11.5 assists, and 3.3 rebounds.

FOH JJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back