Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/23 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No as he's presently our bench scoring but, maybe in the offseason depending on who we could pick up. This draft is loaded with athletic big wings which this team desperately needs.

Word I feel you....I fuck with Quickley and like his game but I always think it's better to trade too early than too late, the Knicks gameplan seems to be to cash in assets for the next star....plus I wouldn't want to pay IQ his next contract.....I think the first round pick is more valuable the Quickley

But just for example if it was a first from somewhere like Boston I wouldn't do it because I don't think it would be worth it

Toppin is the guy yall should be trying to trade but the whole Leon Rose/CAA thing.....

Word I feel you....I fuck with Quickley and like his game but I always think it's better to trade too early than too late, the Knicks gameplan seems to be to cash in assets for the next star....plus I wouldn't want to pay IQ his next contract.....I think the first round pick is more valuable the Quickley

But just for example if it was a first from somewhere like Boston I wouldn't do it because I don't think it would be worth it

Toppin is the guy yall should be trying to trade but the whole Leon Rose/CAA thing.....
Everything involving Obi is nasty they were going to trade Randle until they got cold feet. Hali was right there smh now Obi start to his career has been wasted. 4 years IQ and Obi been screwed due to multiple front offices and now CAA nepotism. They should be traded but unfortunately the bench has ZERO scoring without those 2.

No sir. Hes too good for just a lottery protected first.

Hes a player prone to doing dumb shit, so i get mad and complain about it, but hes turned into a good player that can defend also

I think he's really good too...but I think his ceiling is a 6th man/3rd guard type, I don't know what you do about extending those types

If yall are trying to trade for a star I think a team would probably rather have a first than Quickley knowing he wants to get paid or will already be on a bad contract

Going to be interesting to see how it plays out for yall

Imo, if Toppin is still here after the deadline, we fucked up.

Toppin should have been traded last offseason after closing out the season strong.

Worst case hes got to go this upcoming offseason. For his good as much as the teams.

I think he's really good too...but I think his ceiling is a 6th man/3rd guard type, I don't know what you do about extending those types

If yall are trying to trade for a star I think a team would probably rather have a first than Quickley knowing he wants to get paid or will already be on a bad contract

Going to be interesting to see how it plays out for yall

I agree with you on ceiling, but chances are thats also the ceiling for whoever you get with a lottery protected 1st.

I agree with you on ceiling, but chances are thats also the ceiling for whoever you get with a lottery protected 1st.

That's very true....but if yall traded IQ for a lottery protected first, I'm 99% sure yall would use that in the next trade yall make

That pick probably won't even be as good as Quickley honestly but teams would rather have the flexibility and they like the unknown. ...especially being on a rookie contract vs being due for a pay day or on a bad contract

Seems like yall are just playing the waiting game across the board right now though which I think is the right move..... I'm rooting for yall to make some good decisions

That's very true....but if yall traded IQ for a lottery protected first, I'm 99% sure yall would use that in the next trade yall make

That pick probably won't even be as good as Quickley honestly but teams would rather have the flexibility and they like the unknown. ...especially being on a rookie contract vs being due for a pay day or on a bad contract

Seems like yall are just playing the waiting game across the board right now though which I think is the right move..... I'm rooting for yall to make some good decisions

Its not that you wrong, the part I disagree with is that we already have 8 upcoming firsts. If we cant land a star with those picks, then having 9 aint gonna make a difference.

Imo the best place to be for a team is when they have a ton of picks to trade and good young talent to surround whichever star player gets brought in with those picks.

Thats why I rather keep IQ or trade him for a player that gives similar production.

Everything im saying is also based on the type of contract IQ gets. Anything over 15Ms for IQ and its time to trade him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back