Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/23 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a great trade for LA imo.

Rui been a disappointment so far in his career from a bball pov, but he still has great upside.

Wizards could have and should have got more for him imo

Oh I didn’t know the lakers are getting Rui…

I’m kinda sad but not really because now he can Atleast get more shine

You put Rui around AD/Bryant, reaves, Gabriel and Lebron and he should be okay

I like rui ,liked his game ever since he was drafted , he just had a mini breakout game against Orlando I predict that he will step into his full-self with the lakers I just don’t know here he going to be on that lineup is Gona start or help Westbrook with the bench

rui at his best was supposed to be like a point forward type I wonder if Bron will help him in that role

Now that I look at a couple of things I don’t exactly HATE it from the wizards

They are paying beal and porzingis and have to extend Kuz and are in line to pay Gafford double figures next year. And this is without thinking of kispert and Deni down the line

It’s too much money

Will barton is gone this summer and so will nunn so they are gonna be firmly under the tax and have 3 2nds coming

It’s actually not that bad and I’m kinda inclined to say the lakers might be the slight losers in this

We buy 2nd round picks all the time. And we don’t have to extend him.

(I am not a fan of the trade for other reasons, see Lakers thread)
Yeah but then why trade for him if you not going to extend him? He’s not gonna change things significantly for y’all citing the issues you stated in that thread. I mean he helps a bit because he takes pressure off and can score a bit on his own but just looking at this by itself I don’t see how the lakers made out better than the wizards

And if you buy 2nds you still have to pay for them which would be another after effect of this trade technically

Don’t worry I’m not saying the lakers are complete losers in this I just think it’s 55/45 or 60/40 in favor of the wiz

Yeah but then why trade for him if you not going to extend him? He’s not gonna change things significantly for y’all citing the issues you stated in that thread. I mean he helps a bit because he takes pressure off and can score a bit on his own but just looking at this by itself I don’t see how the lakers made out better than the wizards

And if you buy 2nds you still have to pay for them which would be another after effect of this trade technically

Don’t worry I’m not saying the lakers are complete losers in this I just think it’s 55/45 or 60/40 in favor of the wiz
U are placing too high a value on 2nd round picks. A lot of teams don’t even want to make those picks, like the Heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back