Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 College Basketball/Prospects Thread

Looks like Sidy Cissoko has been cooking since Scoot shut his season down.

Do any of you guys know how good his defense is?

Cissoko from what I’ve seen is a strong defender off ball like RoCo is/was

A good help defender

I don’t know about on ball too much but I don’t think he’s bad at all

Pretty good summary

Sidy was a subpar defender for the majority of his playing career, but has found a new turn during his time with G League Ignite. He’s become a great waller on drives and has really improved his defensive rotations. Cissoko is currently averaging 1.3 steals and 1.0 blocks per 70 possessions, an improvement from his numbers overseas. Sidy’s on-ball defense has shown great improvement as well and has become way more patient and less handsy. He’s done a great job of guarding in space. He uses his strength well defensively to wall off drivers and not give space when backed down. His balance and core strength have really improved since the beginning of the season. Sidy’s combination of strength, quickness and size as well as his improved feel defensively has made him from a defensive dud to a plus defender. His long wingspan helps him get into passing lanes and with his ability to handle the ball, makes him a transition threat. Sidy can guard multiple positions, and adds a lot of versatility with his ability to bang down low and cover the outside. His improvement as a defender in one year gives a lot of hope for future development on this end.

Back