Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021 NFL Season Thread: LA Rams are the Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big dubb coming today!!

#JetsNation

giphy.gif

However, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported today that the NFL has privately acknowledged the Bears got the short end of the stick on a few other calls that night: 112739_get_the_fuck_outta_here_gif_im_3mgq_ea158f4dbd30fc7d6cace6501918a853c00c323e.gif

2022 NFL Mock Draft: Vikings, Panthers move on from Kirk Cousins, Sam Darnold; six WRs go in first round
The NFL could add significant size at wide receiver with this draft class
https://www.cbssports.com/writers/josh-edwards/

By Josh Edwards

Nov 11, 2021 at 11:43 am ET1 min read

NFL MOCK DRAFT
ROUND 1

Round 1 - Pick 1

team logo
Kayvon Thibodeaux DE
OREGON • SOPH • 6'5" / 258 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Detroit
PROSPECT RNK
1st
POSITION RNK
1st

Rinse and repeat. Detroit drafts Kayvon Thibodeaux to pair with Romeo Okwara in the Motor City. As a rebuilding team, you want to have an identity and identify your strengths. The Lions are moving in that direction with two talented edge rushers and a good offensive line.
Round 1 - Pick 2

team logo
Derek Stingley Jr. CB
LSU • JR • 6'1" / 195 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Houston
PROSPECT RNK
2nd
POSITION RNK
1st

Full disclosure, most of us anticipate Houston's draft capital to look significantly different come next April. In the current situation, I have them taking Derek Stingley Jr. to upgrade what has been a weakness for this franchise for several years.
From Miami Dolphins
Round 1 - Pick 3

team logo
Kyle Hamilton S
NOTRE DAME • JR • 6'4" / 219 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Philadelphia
PROSPECT RNK
3rd
POSITION RNK
1st

It is a matter of taking blue-chip talent, and I believe Kyle Hamilton to be better than those typically projected next. Positionally, few get excited about taking a safety this high, but Hamilton has significant versatility and could thrive making plays in Philadelphia's zone-heavy scheme.
Round 1 - Pick 4

team logo
George Karlaftis DE
PURDUE • JR • 6'4" / 275 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
N.Y. Jets
PROSPECT RNK
6th
POSITION RNK
2nd

New York was in position to add Kayvon Thibodeaux not long ago, but George Karlaftis is a nice consolation prize. I like the pieces that have been added on offense in recent years, and the Jets have really gotten good value out of their Day 2 and 3 choices last year, but it is time to invest in a few premier positions.
Round 1 - Pick 5

team logo
Ikem Ekwonu T
NC STATE • SOPH • 6'4" / 320 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Jacksonville
PROSPECT RNKPOSITION RNK

Ikem Ekwonu can play guard or tackle at the next level. If Jacksonville wants to continue this half-measured approached with Cam Robinson, then Ekwonu can slide in to guard.
Round 1 - Pick 6

team logo
Evan Neal OL
ALABAMA • JR • 6'7" / 350 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Washington
PROSPECT RNK
27th
POSITION RNK
4th

Washington could be in a spot for a quarterback, but, in an effort to mix things up, I am giving it Evan Neal. Sam Cosmi has been one of the best rookie tackles in the NFL when healthy this season. With Neal on the left side and Cosmi on the right, the team should feel a lot more confident about whomever it eventually brings in to play quarterback.
Round 1 - Pick 7

team logo
Andrew Booth Jr. CB
CLEMSON • JR • 6'0" / 200 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Philadelphia
PROSPECT RNK
51st
POSITION RNK
6th

Philadelphia is massively upgrading its secondary with Kyle Hamilton and now Andrew Booth Jr. Those two, along with Darius Slay, quickly change the outlook of the defense.
Round 1 - Pick 8

team logo
Aidan Hutchinson DE
MICHIGAN • SR • 6'6" / 265 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
N.Y. Giants
PROSPECT RNK
21st
POSITION RNK
3rd

Azeez Ojulari leads all rookies with 5.5. sacks, but that is not as impressive as it seems. New York still needs to supplement its pass rush and Aidan Hutchinson is one who would fit in well on that Giants defensive line.
From Chicago Bears
Round 1 - Pick 9

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/NYG/new-york-giants/
Kenyon Green OL
TEXAS A&M • JR • 6'4" / 325 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
N.Y. Giants
PROSPECT RNK
10th
POSITION RNK
2nd

Kenyon Green is and always has been a dominant guard prospect. I think his foray to tackle early this season led some to forget that fact. The roller coaster should come back to a peak with Green moving back inside.
From San Francisco 49ers
Round 1 - Pick 10

team logo

DeMarvin Leal DL
TEXAS A&M • JR • 6'4" / 290 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Miami
PROSPECT RNK
8th
POSITION RNK
1st

Miami invested in Jaelan Phillips last offseason and now continues the defensive line transformation. DeMarvin Leal makes the Dolphins more multiple and quicker up front.
From Seattle Seahawks
Round 1 - Pick 11

team logo
Charles Cross OL
MISSISSIPPI STATE • SOPH • 6'5" / 310 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
N.Y. Jets
PROSPECT RNK
59th
POSITION RNK
12th

I used Joe Douglas' time in Philadelphia to justify my belief that, under his direction, the Jets would value the offensive line. Two of their last three first-round picks have been Mekhi Becton and Alijah Vera-Tucker. I would not be surprised if Charles Cross was added here to lock down the other side.
Round 1 - Pick 12

team logo
Matt Corral QB
OLE MISS • JR • 6'2" / 205 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Minnesota
PROSPECT RNK
77th
POSITION RNK
6th

Minnesota was reportedly interested in trading up for Justin Fields last year. It is safe to say some level of change is coming to the organization next offseason and that could include the quarterback.
Round 1 - Pick 13

team logo
Malik Willis QB
LIBERTY • JR • 6'1" / 195 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Carolina
PROSPECT RNK
29th
POSITION RNK
5th

I do not think Sam Darnold has inspired confidence in the Panthers ownership, so a parting of ways could be in the offing. Malik Willis is a very skilled player who is only scratching the surface of his capabilities.
From Indianapolis Colts
Round 1 - Pick 14

team logo
Darian Kinnard OT
KENTUCKY • SR • 6'5" / 345 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Philadelphia
PROSPECT RNK
59th
POSITION RNK
12th

Ikem Ekwonu and Kenyon Green have been popular projections for Philadelphia but both are off the board. Darian Kinnard has made strides in his pass protection to the point where I would be comfortable if he were taken in the first round as an interior player.
Round 1 - Pick 15

team logo
Devin Lloyd LB
UTAH • JR • 6'3" / 235 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Denver
PROSPECT RNK
14th
POSITION RNK
1st

Denver will probably focus its efforts on establishing a sustainable front seven built around Bradley Chubb and this first-round pick. Devin Lloyd is one of my guys and someone I think has great potential.
Round 1 - Pick 16

team logo
Trent McDuffie DB
WASHINGTON • SOPH • 5'11" / 195 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Cincinnati
PROSPECT RNKPOSITION RNK

Cincinnati's secondary was not so much the issue against Cleveland, but there is no doubt that unit needs to be upgraded. Over the years, the Bengals have used first-round picks on Darqueze Dennard, William Jackson III, Dre Kirkpatrick and even Leon Hall and Johnathan Joseph going back a little further. None of those players are on the roster, as they are relying on cast-offs from other teams.
Round 1 - Pick 17

team logo
Tyler Linderbaum OL
IOWA • JR • 6'3" / 290 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Cleveland
PROSPECT RNK
9th
POSITION RNK
1st

Cleveland made news by signing both starting guards to massive contract extensions in recent days. Next season will be the last for J.C. Tretter under his current contract. If Cleveland moves on from him, it would save them roughly $8.25 million in salary cap space. However, based on last year's contracts, they would be giving $5 million to Tyler Linderbaum. It is a net savings of $3.25 million.
Round 1 - Pick 18

team logo
Garrett Wilson WR
OHIO STATE • JR • 6'0" / 192 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Kansas City
PROSPECT RNK
7th
POSITION RNK
1st

The first wide receiver comes off the board. Kansas City is exploring Odell Beckham Jr. and could add a similar player without the headache in Wilson.
Round 1 - Pick 19

team logo
Jameson Williams WR
ALABAMA • JR • 6'2" / 189 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Atlanta
PROSPECT RNKPOSITION RNK

I have been really impressed with the play of Jameson Williams this season. He is certainly in contention to become one of the first wide receivers selected next spring. Atlanta needs someone to pair with Calvin Ridley and Kyle Pitts.

team logo

Treylon Burks WR
ARKANSAS • JR • 6'3" / 225 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
New England
PROSPECT RNK
15th
POSITION RNK
3rd

The run on wide receivers continues as New England selects Treylon Burks. I think Burks is a fantastic fit with Mac Jones' style of play. His ability to create yardage after the catch is sensational, and that is what the Patriots offense has relied upon this season.
Round 1 - Pick 21

team logo
Chris Olave WR
OHIO STATE • SR • 6'1" / 188 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
New Orleans
PROSPECT RNK
13th
POSITION RNK
2nd

New Orleans is in the market for Odell Beckham Jr. because Michael Thomas' future looks murky at best. The Saints bring in another Ohio State product to provide some relief.
Round 1 - Pick 22

team logo
Trevor Penning OL
NORTHERN IOWA • JR • 6'7" / 321 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Pittsburgh
PROSPECT RNKPOSITION RNK

Pittsburgh's offensive line needs work. You might get some good days from the unit, but I do not think sustainable success is in that group. Trevor Penning gives them a reliable left tackle like Alejandro Villanueva had been for so many years.
Round 1 - Pick 23

team logo
Drake London WR
USC • JR • 6'5" / 210 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Las Vegas
PROSPECT RNK
60th
POSITION RNK
10th

Derek Carr is just going to be throwing jump balls to Drake London and Darren Waller. The ability of those to players to win at the catch point is second to none. DeSean Jackson was added to provide a little speed to that group.
Round 1 - Pick 24

team logo
Travon Walker DL
GEORGIA • JR • 6'5" / 275 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Dallas
PROSPECT RNKPOSITION RNK

I was a big fan of Travon Walker when I initially graded him and that has only continued to grow. He is not the run stuffing nose tackle that Dallas needs, but he gives the defense more pop and sizzle up the middle.
Round 1 - Pick 25

team logo
Ahmad Gardner CB
CINCINNATI • JR • 6'2" / 188 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Buffalo
PROSPECT RNK
18th
POSITION RNK
3rd

It is fitting for Buffalo, home of the chicken wing, to draft a guy nicknamed "Sauce." Ahmad Gardner gives the Bills a pair of capable boundary cornerbacks.
Round 1 - Pick 26

team logo
Jordan Davis DL
GEORGIA • SOPH • 6'6" / 330 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
L.A. Chargers
PROSPECT RNKPOSITION RNK

It is no secret that Los Angeles has struggled to stop the run this season. The Chargers are allowing 161.6 rushing yards per game, which is actually worse than it seems. The distance between them and the second-worst team (Texans) is almost the same as the distance between the Texans and the No. 20 ranked rushing defense (Panthers).
Round 1 - Pick 27

team logo
Kaiir Elam CB
FLORIDA • JR • 6'2" / 196 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Tampa Bay
PROSPECT RNK
19th
POSITION RNK
4th

Carlton Davis is a free agent after the season, and it is not unrealistic to think Tampa Bay might consider its options anyway given the struggles it has had at the position this season.
From Los Angeles Rams
Round 1 - Pick 28
team logo

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/DET/detroit-lions/
George Pickens WR
GEORGIA • JR • 6'3" / 200 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Detroit
PROSPECT RNK
20th
POSITION RNK
4th

George Pickens has been out of sight, out of mind this season with his injury, but he is a ball-winner. He is a big target capable of making plays for his quarterback down the field.
Round 1 - Pick 29
team logo

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/BAL/baltimore-ravens/
Bernhard Raimann OL
CENTRAL MICHIGAN • JR • 6'7" / 305 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Baltimore
PROSPECT RNKPOSITION RNK

Baltimore scrambled to find solutions at tackle this season in the absence of Ronnie Stanley and Orlando Brown Jr. Bernhard Raimann and a healthy Stanley can get them back to dominance.
Round 1 - Pick 30
team logo

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/GB/green-bay-packers/
Drake Jackson LB
USC • JR • 6'4" / 250 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Green Bay
PROSPECT RNK
16th
POSITION RNK
2nd

I have beat this horse ad nauseam and it continues in today's thought exercise: Green Bay is eventually going to move on from one or both of Za'Darius and Preston Smith. They have Rashan Gary, but Drake Jackson would give them another long-term piece.
Round 1 - Pick 31

team logo
Derion Kendrick DB
GEORGIA • SR • 6'0" / 190 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Tennessee
PROSPECT RNK
12th
POSITION RNK
1st

Tennessee dipped into the cornerback market last year with the selection of Caleb Farley but a need persists. The Titans return to the well for Clemson transfer Derion Kendrick.
Round 1 - Pick 32

team logo
Zion Johnson OL
BOSTON COLLEGE • SR • 6'3" / 316 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Arizona
PROSPECT RNKPOSITION RNK

Arizona continues building out its offensive line with the addition of Zion Johnson. Johnson has looked much improved this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back