Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021 NBA Playoffs West 1st Round: #4 LA Clippers vs #5 Waiting for Dwayne to come up w/a thread title name change (LAC wins 4-3)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Three things happened in the Clippers series that pushed him to an even higher level. The first actually began in the last week of the regular season, when the Mavs inserted Tim Hardaway Jr. into the starting lineup for Josh Richardson. The latter had been acquired to help their defense, but couldn’t space the floor for Luka, allowing defenses to overload against him. Doncic had a net rating of plus-0.3 with Richardson in the regular season and plus-8.9 without him. Replacing him with a shooter like Hardaway opened up the floodgates for the Dallas offense.

The second is that Luka got hot from deep. He has always been a good-but-not-great outside shooter, largely because of the difficulty of his attempts. But he shot 41 percent from 3 against the Clippers, a huge improvement on his mark (35.0 percent) from the regular season.

He also shot incredibly well from midrange, a weapon that he didn’t have in his game last season. Luka was 25-for-47 (53.2 percent) on shots between 10 and 19 feet from the rim against Los Angeles, compared to only 8-for-21 (38.1 percent) when he faced them in the bubble. He pulled up when bigger defenders sagged off him, and posted up smaller defenders at will. His ability to score from every area of the floor is why Zubac, who was surprisingly effective against him on switches last season, became unplayable this time around.

He’s better and it is a difference. Size matters a ton in this league

Doing different things dont make one better.

Trae has a different role and hes averaging 30 and 10 with a lower usage rate. Hes also way more involved off the ball.

Luka off the ball means the offense is going 4 on 5.

Luka more like Harden than yall think.

Luka is better than Trae, but they are both at the level where the difference is tiny.

First they said Trae he was trash and a losing player.

Now they are like, "Trae has a better team, Luka's team sucks."

They will never give Trae and the Hawks their props unless he wins a ring or MVP. If Cam Reddish wasn't trash, the trade would've been a clear steal.

Chill out fam. Trae only in his 3rd year and mfers been tripping over themselves to give him props. How much more recognition do yall want for a 3rd year player?

Doing different things dont make one better.

Trae has a different role and hes averaging 30 and 10 with a lower usage rate. Hes also way more involved off the ball.

Luka off the ball means the offense is going 4 on 5.

Luka more like Harden than yall think.

Luka is better than Trae, but they are both at the level where the difference is tiny.

It’s not tiny. But if that’s what you wanna believe you got it.

Luka is more like Harden who is a top 5 player. You said enough with that.

Idk I didn’t think about it I just wanted to know your opinion

I’ll have to accept “around that area” I guess though lol

Around that area is my whole point. Im not rating either one. My only point is they already both elite, and no elite player is that much better than any other elite player.

Luka better than Trae, but not by a huge amount.

Unless you MJ or Bron, where you #1 and the difference between 1 and 2 is huge.

Hovering around that area. Do you disagree?

Let’s break it down.

no order

GA
Kawhi
Embid
Jokic
KD
Curry
Tatum
Beal
Dame
AD
LBJ
Harden
Luka
Mitchell

Trae is behind all of them IMO 15-20 range is where he goes with Ja and Zion

Luka in the 3-7 range

lol he hype off that 30 and 10

and Trae did that last season not this one and (25/10) nobody said he was a top 10 player

Must be two siiiiiiides

Let’s break it down.

no order

GA
Kawhi
Embid
Jokic
KD
Curry
Tatum
Beal
Dame
AD
LBJ
Harden
Luka
Mitchell

Trae is behind all of them IMO 15-20 range is where he goes with Ja and Zion

Luka in the 3-7 range

Alot of those can be debated.

Harden, LBJ, Curry, KD, Giannis, Kawhi, Embiid, Jokic are better than Trae.

Some of the others on the list are too, but its debateable

Back