Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021 NBA Playoffs West 1st Round: #3 Denver Nuggets vs #6 Dame ran out of Dame Time (DEN wins 4-2)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crazy thing I noticed after the game

MPJ was 10-21 but he shot 1-10 from three and had 25 points

1. that means he was 9/11 on FG

2. that let’s me know that if MPJ just got to his average on threes then he woulda finished with 34

That kid is super efficient man and special offensively

Crazy thing I noticed after the game

MPJ was 10-21 but he shot 1-10 from three and had 25 points

1. that means he was 9/11 on FG

2. that let’s me know that if MPJ just got to his average on threes then he woulda finished with 34

That kid is super efficient man and special offensively
Thanks man

More importantly that 18 from melo wont always be there so subtract his major contribution and its alot closer game...

More importantly that 18 from melo wont always be there so subtract his major contribution and its alot closer game...

Ehh... denver has no one to check him. And he's always been consistent in the playoffs.

Denver needs to somehow become top tier defensively overnight or mpj gotta drop a couple 35-40 point bombs. We know how jokic is coming cant do it by himself tho. Portland has a lot of fire power offensively.

Where will the (likely) MVP find some help?

Nikola Jokic logged 10 post-ups to open the series against the Trail Blazers, and he made only one pass out of the post. The Blazers didn’t double him once. It’s the 30th time in 73 games Jokic has played this season that he logged at least 10 post-ups. But it’s only the third time he’s logged just one or zero passes out of the post.

The Blazers committed to making Jokic be a scorer. And they succeeded by utilizing single coverage and staying home on shooters.

The Blazers have struggled to defend all season, but they’re now supporting their high-powered offense with a strong game plan and the right type of personnel to give Denver problems. Portland has sturdy bigs in Jusuf Nurkic and Enes Kanter who can battle with Jokic. With Jamal Murray out for the season and Will Barton out indefinitely, the Nuggets don’t have the guards to consistently target Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum.

The Nuggets should shoot better in Game 2. They were 30.6 percent from 3 in the game, including 1-for-9 off passes made by Jokic. But they still need to find a secondary source of consistent scoring.

Michael Porter Jr. might be the answer. He scored 25 points despite shooting an uncharacteristic 1-for-10 from 3. He was a perfect 11-for-11 from inside the arc. This season, he’s already proved to be an impactful player running through Jokic’s dribble handoffs, cutting to the rim, and relocating off the ball to get open for 3s. He did plenty of that. But Porter has flashed elite on-ball scoring potential, as detailed in the video below.

In Game 1, Porter was primarily defended by Norman Powell, whom he shot over and drove by. Denver should see what happens if he’s tasked with creating for himself more often. Porter is one of the biggest X factors of the NBA playoffs.

What's one adjustment you'd like to see one team make after Game 1?

Lopez: How will Denver get players not named Nikola Jokic involved? The Blazers' strategy of letting Jokic score and not allowing him to get his teammates involved worked, as Jokic finished with one assist. Granted, according to ESPN Stats & Information research, the Nuggets went 1-of-10 on Jokic's passes. "They made me work for it on every possession. They kind of took other guys out. I couldn't get other guys involved, maybe. Just because of the assists, I'm saying that," Jokic said postgame. If the Nuggets want to reverse their Game 1 result, other shots are going to have to fall.

Young: The Nuggets have to find ways to unlock the magic of The Joker. The Blazers scheme was to let Nikola Jokic score as much as he wanted and limit his dynamic playmaking by playing straight up individual defense. The Nuggets need to create the space and opportunity for Jokic to tap into all the parts that are going to make him the MVP this season.

The team that most needs to win Game 2 is ...

Pelton: The Nuggets. Granted, the Nuggets showed a penchant for comebacks last year in the bubble. They also might get healthier over the course of the series if Will Barton and/or P.J. Dozier can return from injuries. Still, this matchup looked like a tossup before the Blazers won Game 1. If Portland takes a 2-0 lead back home, Denver is in trouble.

Arnovitz: The Nuggets. The Trail Blazers have historically been a strong home-court squad, and they'd be a tough out if they return to the Moda Center up 2-0 with their perimeter creators are running on all cylinders.

They saying the Nuggets should shoot better from 3 and maybe they will but Denver really isnt that good of a 3 point shooting team to rely on that

Malone should adjust the starting lineup so the can have some more size and do some more switching

Go with Jokic, Milsap, Gordon, Porter and Rivers

Nuggets have an issue because where they are weak at, Blazers a strong at

I can’t think of any solid offensive guards for the nuggets and outside of MPJ and on a lesser note Aaron Gordon that’s kinda it on the wing

On the blazers side they have lillard and CJ and simons but at the wing they have melo, and Powell

then they also have Covington and DJJ just in case to help play D on opposing wings

They saying the Nuggets should shoot better from 3 and maybe they will but Denver really isnt that good of a 3 point shooting team to rely on that

Malone should adjust the starting lineup so the can have some more size and do some more switching

Go with Jokic, Milsap, Gordon, Porter and Rivers

👀

Back