Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021 NBA Playoffs East Semifinals: #1 Philadelphia's Process is incomplete vs #5 Atlanta Hawks (ATL wins 4-3)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So he didn't get the ball properly rolling with GWS and Kerr picked it up???
  • He has (and still has) a blood feud with his starting center.
  • He feuded with his own coaching staff to the point that one of his own coaches illegally wire tapped one of his meetings to show how dirty he really was.
  • He promptly fired that coach and the front office had to overturn it because Duke was responsible for the teams defensive turnaround.
  • He banned the goddamn logo jerry west from practices.
  • He alienated his own ownership group
  • He ruined the career of Festus Ezeli when he lied to the team and told them that Festus (who was out injured) was rooting against them during a playoff series.
  • He split the team in to factions over religion
  • His team led the league by a large margin in isolation with steph curry and klay thompson as his starting guards
  • He routinely threw his own players under the bus for his own ineptitude
So, no he didnt set up shit. He lucked into steph and klay and didnt even have the know how to create an offensive system to utilize them. Steve Kerr who did and does have such and offensive system, took the same team that got bounced out in the 1st round the year before and won the chip in his first season.

Shout out to the other black coaches getting a raw deal, but mark jackson is trash.

• He has (and still has) a blood feud with his starting center.
  • He feuded with his own coaching staff to the point that one of his own coaches illegally wire tapped one of his meetings to show how dirty he really was.
  • He promptly fired that coach and the front office had to overturn it because Duke was responsible for the teams defensive turnaround.
  • He banned the goddamn logo jerry west from practices.
  • He alienated his own ownership group
  • He ruined the career of Festus Ezeli when he lied to the team and told them that Festus (who was out injured) was rooting against them during a playoff series.
  • He split the team in to factions over religion
  • His team led the league by a large margin in isolation with steph curry and klay thompson as his starting guards
  • He routinely threw his own players under the bus for his own ineptitude
So, no he didnt set up shit. He lucked into steph and klay and didnt even have the know how to create an offensive system to utilize them. Steve Kerr who did and does have such and offensive system, took the same team that got bounced out in the 1st round the year before and won the chip in his first season.

Shout out to the other black coaches getting a raw deal, but mark jackson is trash.
Mark Jackson took GSW to the western semis his second year in 2012-2013 while more than doubling their regular season wins and most of the players, the keys had 3 years or less in the league, the loss in the first round you mentioned was when Bogut broke his hand in 2013-2014. They won 51 games that year with a 10 game win streak. Iggy and other players have come out and straight up said they loved him as a coach. Hell before Jackson got there the Warriors had two winning seasons and one playoff appearance... the religion aspect wasn't an issue for players, Curry and Iggy highly Christian.

And he lucked in??? He developed them dude what are you talking about?

Last edited:
Mark Jackson took GSW to the western semis his second year in 2012-2013 while more than doubling their regular season wins and most of the players, the keys had 3 years or less in the league, the loss in the first round you mentioned was when Bogut broke his hand in 2013-2014. They won 51 games that year with a 10 game win streak. Iggy and other players have come out and straight up said they loved him as a coach. Hell before Jackson got there the Warriors had two winning seasons and one playoff appearance... the religion aspect wasn't an issue for players, Curry and Iggy highly Christian.

And the lucked in??? He developed them dude what are you talking about

Lucked in was not the best choice of words but everything else is spot on. He wasn't a good coach and terrible at Xs and Os on offense

Lucked in was not the best choice of words but everything else is spot on. He wasn't a good coach and terrible at Xs and Os on offense
Did he or did he not set the foundation... making the playoffs consecutive years after not sniffing it since I think 94, winning seasons, player development, etc. I didn't call him a good coach, I simply said that he got the ball rolling and Kerr picked it up from there

Yes he lucked into steph curry who is a generational talent. No he doesnt get credit when his offensive style was a clear hindrance to his superstar player.

Had festus in tears over a goddamned lie so he could push an us vs them narrative to his players. That team was loaded, which is why they took off immediately once they fired the coach.

And yeah the religious players loved the preaching aspect. But what about the non-religious players? Dude was forcing players to go to chapel before games like they were a prep school.

Something I want to point out - Quinn Snyder and Rick Carlisle both blew 2-0 leads and aint nobody talking about them but Doc Rivers is being put through a media meat grinder with some even calling for his job.

I just want to point that out. His white counter parts escaped the harsh criticism Doc is getting. And make NO MISTAKE Utah was #1 in the west and favorite to win after the Lakers lost.
Add in steve Nash

Yes he lucked into steph curry who is a generational talent. No he doesnt get credit when his offensive style was a clear hindrance to his superstar player.

Had festus in tears over a goddamned lie so he could push an us vs them narrative to his players. That team was loaded, which is why they took off immediately once they fired the coach.

And yeah the religious players loved the preaching aspect. But what about the non-religious players? Dude was forcing players to go to chapel before games like they were a prep school.
Tell me what Curry averaged when he first came, tell GSW record two seasons before and during Mark, and if its luck then every fucking team/coach is lucky. Tell me who was forced to go to church... the beef more than likely stemmed from his feelings on gays and a higher up being gay.

Tell me how fast immediate happen after he left with their record being what it was his 2nd and 3rd season. And to add again Bogut broke his hand towards the end of his 3rd coaching season which is why even though they took the Clippers to 7 games they lost as he was an important piece.

I was telling my brother yesterday that imo, the most embarrassing thing you can do to a player is leave him open because the opposition team personnel know that he can't/won't shoot. If anything, you gon respect my jumpshot.

Did he or did he not set the foundation... making the playoffs consecutive years after not sniffing it since I think 94, winning seasons, player development, etc. I didn't call him a good coach, I simply said that he got the ball rolling and Kerr picked it up from there

Nope. The Warriors had a the core and were on the come up. Don't overrate what he did. He wasn't the coach to get them to the next level and had to go.

Back