Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 Royal Rumble Thread: 1/26/2020

They should book Drew vs Brock as a grudge match, just straight up all bullshit aside we going kill eachother shit.

This was a decent PPV. Bayley/Lacey & the Women's RR was straight trash. Fiend/DB was ok but we already knew what it was. The Asuka/Becky rematch was good especially the mist backfire. Reigns/Corbin Street Fight decent match.

The Men's Royal Rumble = GREAT

Overall: 7/10

I won't even mad at that Keith Lee elimination cause it didnt make him look weak.

they could of really chumped him out and let Brock just toss him like everybody else but he got thrown out while brawling with Strowman so it didnt go over as bad.

its small shit like that, that makes a difference and can keep the crowd from turning

Oh def everything but the Rumble matches were trash asf(knew Becky was sold to win), I was legit bored with every singles match.

This Bayley title reign has been straight trash, no chick on the smackdown roster is interesting to make a feud with her work besides Sasha but they got her playing a sidekick

i’m happy for drew. he couldn’t even hide his emotions. well deserved win

i’m happy for Edge too. similar to Bryan i never thought i’d see him wrestle again. maybe there’s hope for Paige

She has been talking like she might be getting cleared recently or like she might still be trying to anyways.

Kobe’s death made me completely forget about the Rumble. From what I can see it was a good one and I’ll probably watch it tomorrow. Glad McEntyre got the win. Hope he gets the belt at Mania. Can’t wait to see if Edge has a Mania match too. Hope it’s against someone like AJ Styles or Bryan.

Of course they do. They signed EVERYONE lol

They have the best roster...but a barely utilize all the people they have.

WWE is quantity over over quality. Just b/c you sign a lot of folks...doesn't mean the product is good. This is the problem I have wit WWE. It's like a record label having a whole bunch of artists...but only promoting a handful of them to become stars

They have the best roster...but a barely utilize all the people they have.

WWE is quantity over over quality. Just b/c you sign a lot of folks...doesn't mean the product is good. This is the problem I have wit WWE. It's like a record label having a whole bunch of artists...but only promoting a handful of them to become stars
That's why I said this rumble used it to perfection. Every entry told a story.

So many guys got big pops in the entrances

The Brock elimination was brilliant.....

ESPECIALLY after he survived Keith Lee and Bruan

Kofi went longer against Brock in the Rumble than he did in their title match.... And the crowd was there for it... Rey coming in when he did was perfect too...

Seth was amazing... His entrance, his goons clearing the ring, immediately attacking Roman then trying partner up with him..

They brought edge in at a perfect time.

The interactions with Randy were genius...

Everybody was used great last night

That's why I said this rumble used it to perfection. Every entry told a story.

So many guys got big pops in the entrances

The Brock elimination was brilliant.....

ESPECIALLY after he survived Keith Lee and Bruan

Kofi went longer against Brock in the Rumble than he did in their title match.... And the crowd was there for it... Rey coming in when he did was perfect too...

Seth was amazing... His entrance, his goons clearing the ring, immediately attacking Roman then trying partner up with him..

They brought edge in at a perfect time.

The interactions with Randy were genius...

Everybody was used great last night

Yeah but that's one night. What afterwards? WWE gonna maintain that same energy going forward? Someone mentioned WWE can blow AEW out the water if they wanted to, b/c of the roster they have. Well...why don't they.

They signing all these people, but only using a small percentage. I mean damn all those women on the roster, and one of them couldn't get a shot to win RR? Hell at one point I was rooting for Beth Phoenix. And that was after Bianca got eliminated. Then I wanted Bazler. ANYBODY not named Charlotte.

That's why I was so glad Drew won it. Finally a fresh face. Someone different.

Yeah but that's one night. What afterwards? WWE gonna maintain that same energy going forward? Someone mentioned WWE can blow AEW out the water if they wanted to, b/c of the roster they have. Well...why don't they.

They signing all these people, but only using a small percentage. I mean damn all those women on the roster, and one of them couldn't get a shot to win RR? Hell at one point I was rooting for Beth Phoenix. And that was after Bianca got eliminated. Then I wanted Bazler. ANYBODY not named Charlotte.

That's why I was so glad Drew won it. Finally a fresh face. Someone different.

It was prolly me and its true

AEW does not want those problems bruh and you shouldn't want those problems for AEW

Their roster does not have the depth to have an actual war with the WWE. If WWE threw everything they had at AEW there would be a lot of mfs down playing it as a weak move or w/e when really there are no rules in this shit.

Not only that but NXT is part of WWE and AEW is only beating them by 200k in the ratings week to week. Plus theres a lot of folks that feel NXT puts on the better show despite what the ratings say. Thats why I said damn the ratings long ago. It'll always go in AEWs favor because they the new kids on the block + WWE is the big bad wolf when it comes to the promotions, that also plays a factor.

You got some fans on social media who literally want to see the WWE fall but that shits not gone happen

It was prolly me and its true

AEW does not want those problems bruh and you shouldn't want those problems for AEW

Their roster does not have the depth to have an actual war with the WWE. If WWE threw everything they had at AEW there would be a lot of mfs down playing it as a weak move or w/e when really there are no rules in this shit.

Not only that but NXT is part of WWE and AEW is only beating them by 200k in the ratings week to week. Plus theres a lot of folks that feel NXT puts on the better show despite what the ratings say. Thats why I said damn the ratings long ago. It'll always go in AEWs favor because they the new kids on the block + WWE is the big bad wolf when it comes to the promotions, that also plays a factor.

You got some fans on social media who literally want to see the WWE fall but that shits not gone happen

But WWE does have the roster, yet chooses not to utilize them. That's why ans get frustrated with them, and why some of the WWE wrestlers become unhappy. And WWE's fix is to just throw a bunch a money, and think that solves the issue. But next thing you know...they're back doing the same thing.

I'm a fan of both. Yeah AEW is the new kids on the block, but they represent the pro wrestling environment goin on now. Biggest reason why it's so popular. NXT also represents that along wit NJPW...Power...Impact...MLW...and other pro wrestling organizations.

I dont think we will see NXT beat AEW in rating for a while if ever, there was a good discussion video talking about after all the smoke cleared after SS it became clear as day NXT cant top AEW ratings unless having their main roster stars in the mix and hyped as such. I just want NXT to push top storyline(s) that draws big attention on their own. I love NXT but they need to stop doing mini stories and focus on long term booking and putting out quality stories like they did with with Ciampa and Gargano, fucking NXTs golden feud, that's my go to when I want to try and convert old fans back.

Outside of ratings I enjoy both shows, just want AEW to sign more women who are good and NXT to give us more of those long term high quality stories to stretch out. I know folks might not liel the idea but NXT could benefit from 2 or 3 more Takeovers.

Last edited:
Back