Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020/2021 College Basketball/Prospects Thread

Well, for the second year in a row, the Portsmouth Invitational has been canceled.

Enter the Tampa Bay Pro Combine (TBPC).

The TBPC is a new pre-draft event that will be held on June 3-5 at the Wiregrass Ranch Sports Campus in Wesley Chapel, Florida. Like the Portsmouth Invitational, this combine will showcase top draft prospects from around the nation who are looking to prove themselves in front of pro-basketball decision-makers. The TBPC is expected to include more than 60 draft-eligible players. This three-day event will feature drills, games (5-on-5, 2-on-2 and 3-on-3), athletic testing and measurements.

Last edited:
@#1hiphopjunki3
@toheeb27
@southsil4lil

Give me some information on Josh giddey. And personal impressions and projections if you have any. We got 2 scouts in Australia checking him out and they gotta do a 14 day quarantine just to go out there so it means we're seriously considering him.

@#1hiphopjunki3
@toheeb27
@southsil4lil

Give me some information on Josh giddey. And personal impressions and projections if you have any. We got 2 scouts in Australia checking him out and they gotta do a 14 day quarantine just to go out there so it means we're seriously considering him.

I like him a lot, he's been raising his stock at a pretty fast rate here recently...definitely a top 10(maybe even 7) pick

6"8, nice secondary ball handler with a very high basketball IQ.....very good playmaker and has a unique way of getting teammates open

Dude is very young at 18 and still raw but the upside is there for sure and I have no doubt the jumper will come around

Fucked around and got another triple double last night

@#1hiphopjunki3
@toheeb27
@southsil4lil

I think the big thing folks worry (and it's legit in my opinion) about with him is can he shoot and be able to guard NBA caliber players?

He is a very good passer and a solid ball handler that is good at getting his teammates open looks but his shooting numbers aren't the best. What hurt him in that regard is he started off the season very poorly but got better as it went along to get them percentage to where they are now.

His defense is also gonna be something that could really make teams who draft him too high regret using the pick on him. His wingspan for his height is average and his lateral movement isn't the best. Now he is young and maybe with training it can be helped, not too mention depending on the schemes his new team uses or teammates they can help/hide him on that side of the ball. But what position in the NBA could he guard consistently?

I think he can be a solid NBA player but he shouldn't be drafted in the top 10 unless your team already has pretty good 3&D players on the roster.

Thanks guys.

I think with your Raptors he could be a pretty solid fit if the roster doesn't change too drastically. You guys have some pretty decent defenders and shooters all over the roster..

He could slide in beside Van Vleet who would help a bit with ball handling duties. His rebounding would also come in handy with Toronto. He has to work on his shooting and finishing though

I think with your Raptors he could be a pretty solid fit if the roster doesn't change too drastically. You guys have some pretty decent defenders and shooters all over the roster..

He could slide in beside Van Vleet who would help a bit with ball handling duties. His rebounding would also come in handy with Toronto. He has to work on his shooting and finishing though

In Sam Vecenies most recent mock draft he had Toronto taking Davion Mitchell at 9 and then Giddey going to the Pelicans at 10 which I thought was interesting

In Sam Vecenies most recent mock draft he had Toronto taking Davion Mitchell at 9 and then Giddey going to the Pelicans at 10 which I thought was interesting

I'm not sold on Mitchell.

I'm not saying he is a bad player but I just don't think he should go top 10. He had 1 season out of 3 where he shot well (wasn't good from the free throw line ever in school) and he isn't all that big. He is a really good defender and a good athlete when watching him play but his wingspan doesn't look too big and will his game translate at the NBA level? Not to mention his age.

I just think alot of folks are getting caught up in recency bias due to him having a good tournament and solid season. I think he could be a decent NBA player on the right squad but out of the two Baylor guards I like Butler more and even he is a role player at best in the NBA in my opinion

I've heard people saying we might trade down if we don't get in the top 5. So it makes giddey a real interesting prospect since he seems like he can go anywhere from 8-19. I like him sliding into the role bembry has been playing for us this season.

If he can play d. Theres a spot for him here. He fits well in potential lineups coming off the bench to play next to fvv and next to gary trent jr if we re sign him. Even him and malachi flynn work.

I'm not sold on Mitchell.

I'm not saying he is a bad player but I just don't think he should go top 10. He had 1 season out of 3 where he shot well (wasn't good from the free throw line ever in school) and he isn't all that big. He is a really good defender and a good athlete when watching him play but his wingspan doesn't look too big and will his game translate at the NBA level? Not to mention his age.

I just think alot of folks are getting caught up in recency bias due to him having a good tournament and solid season. I think he could be a decent NBA player on the right squad but out of the two Baylor guards I like Butler more and even he is a role player at best in the NBA in my opinion

100% agree with you

And most importantly....never trust prospects from Baylor....word to Perry Jones lll

I've heard people saying we might trade down if we don't get in the top 5. So it makes giddey a real interesting prospect since he seems like he can go anywhere from 8-19. I like him sliding into the role bembry has been playing for us this season.

If he can play d. Theres a spot for him here. He fits well in potential lineups coming off the bench to play next to fvv and next to gary trent jr if we re sign him. Even him and malachi flynn work.

Like @#1hiphopjunki3 was saying the D is a question mark but being able to sandwich him in between good-great defenders like OG, Siakam and Van Vleet would be a great place for him to land and develop on that side of the court

That's the beauty of Giddey being a tall ball handler and passer. He doesn't necessarily have to guard other guards and he can play with guards who are good shooters.

Lots of possibilities with the guy in my opinion but it honestly depends on the roster and coaches Vision of how they can use him in lineups.

Like @#1hiphopjunki3 was saying the D is a question mark but being able to sandwich him in between good-great defenders like OG, Siakam and Van Vleet would be a great place for him to land and develop on that side of the court

They have to believe you can check defensively or he wont be a raptor. There is no player on the roster that can't defend. Nurse would rather work with a shitty offensive player that goes all out defensively. That's his mo. He can get you right offensively if you willing to work. Can't really teach defense and effort tho. 10 different Raptors hit career highs in scoring this year. This coaching staff will get you right offensively.

Back