Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

Giants most likely won't be too competitive, so this year the hope is that the squad headin in the right direction and these youngins continue to develop. Salary cap looking good for next offseason, should get another top 10 draft pick to go along w that.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Former Tennessee Titans star defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, 38, is suffering from kidney failure and has taken to Instagram to announce that he is in "dire need" of a donor for a kidney transplant.

"Well, this is hard for me to say, but my doctors said I should reach out to my family, friends and fans," Haynesworth wrote. "Some of you may know I've been battling kidney disease for a few years ... now the time has come family, friends and fans, I'm in dire need of a kidney ... mine have finally failed me on July 7 2019. It's hard to believe from being a professional athlete to only 8 season in retirement that my body has taken another major blow.

"First with the brain aneurysm 3 seasons out of the NFL to now my kidneys failing me," the post continued. "But the bright side of this latest ordeal I can ask for help by asking for someone to generously donate a kidney. If you are interested in giving this precious gift please call Vanderbilt at 615-936-0695 and hit option 2. GOD BLESS thank you for your prayers and thanks for sharing this message."

Haynesworth was selected by the Titans with the 15th overall pick in the 2002 NFL draft after a standout career at the University of Tennessee. He played seven seasons for the Titans and was named first-team All-Pro in 2007 and 2008. In 2009, Haynesworth signed a seven-year, $100 million contract with the Washington Redskins.
Haynesworth played two years for Washington before being traded to the New England Patriots in 2011. The Patriots released him after six games and finished his 10-year career having played seven games for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2011. In his career, Haynesworth posted 30.5 sacks, six forced fumbles and 347 tackles.

Running back Melvin Gordon has informed the Los Angeles Chargers that unless he receives a new contract, he will not report to training camp and he will demand a trade, his agent Fletcher Smith told ESPN.

Smith said he and Gordon did not want to go this route, but because of the lack of progress in negotiations and the offers the Chargers made this offseason, they felt it necessary to voice their displeasure in an effort to reach a more satisfying outcome, whether with a new contract or a trade.

Gordon, 26, is scheduled to be heading into the last year of his contract, a fifth-year option worth $5.6 million.

Other top running backs -- Todd Gurley, David Johnson, Le'Veon Bell -- recently have received new deals, and Gordon wants to be the next one added to that illustrious list. He is unwilling to take a Chargers offer that does not put him near the salaries of those top running backs.
Gordon has been voted to two Pro Bowls and rushed for an average of 5.1 yards per carry and recorded 14 total touchdowns in 2018.

Unless the two sides can resolve their differences before the Chargers' training camp, slated to open July 24 in Costa Mesa, California, this will be a contentious issue that shadows the team, much as the Chargers had to deal with an unsigned Joey Bosa in the summer of 2016.
Smith said Gordon is dug in and discouraged with the lack of progress in the talks

Back