Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

Breese is know for spreading the ball around.

I know that homie...but Thomas either leads the league in receptions or close to it every year and Kamara is usually up there far as receptions for RBs and is basically a HB/slot WR, those two are taking up a large chunk of the passes. Then Brees spreads the rest of the targets to others. No TE has eaten in that offense since Graham, I know lack of talent has been a factor. But Thomas and Kamara getting a large share of the throws has been a factor two.

I love Thomas but I really hope we trade cuz before paying him that.

But Brees will be off the books next year and we could afford him when we have a cheap QB on the roster

Trevor Lawrence in NOLA 2021 ™

How tf u gone get lawrence when he going no 1 overall?

I know that homie...but Thomas either leads the league in receptions or close to it every year and Kamara is usually up there far as receptions for RBs and is basically a HB/slot WR, those two are taking up a large chunk of the passes. Then Brees spreads the rest of the targets to others. No TE has eaten in that offense since Graham, I know lack of talent has been a factor. But Thomas and Kamara getting a large share of the throws has been a factor two.

Also, New Orleans has a more balanced attack these days...they rely on the Run more than in past years. Brees ain't chucking 35-40 times a game on the regular. Mix that w the fact that when they do throw it, is usually going to Kamara or thomas. Not sure that leaves alotta room for an average TE to truly eat.

Saints 2018 reception leaders
Thomas- 125 receptions, led the league
Kamara- 81
Watson-35
T.Smith- 28

Kamara and Thomas accounted for 206 of the 364 completed passes. Kamara having the second highest receptions on the squad more than doubled the next guys receptions, who happened to be a TE. Yes, Brees spreads the ball around. But Thomas and Kamara usage rate tells me that passing offense is not as balanced as people think.

I love Thomas but I really hope we trade cuz before paying him that.

But Brees will be off the books next year and we could afford him when we have a cheap QB on the roster

So you hoping Teddy be Doo Doo grits for a year once Brees retires? Because mediocre ain't gonna get Lawrence. Y'all would have to be absolutely terrible.

Also, New Orleans has a more balanced attack these days...they rely on the Run more than in past years. Brees ain't chucking 35-40 times a game on the regular. Mix that w the fact that when they do throw it, is usually going to Kamara or thomas. Not sure that leaves alotta room for an average TE to truly eat.

Saints 2018 reception leaders
Thomas- 125 receptions, led the league
Kamara- 81
Watson-35
T.Smith- 28

Kamara and Thomas accounted for 206 of the 364 completed passes. Kamara having the second highest receptions on the squad more than doubled the next guys receptions, who happened to be a TE. Yes, Brees spreads the ball around. But Thomas and Kamara usage rate tells me that passing offense is not as balanced as people think.

865396880.gif

How tf u gone get lawrence when he going no 1 overall?

Easy.

We win the Super Bowl for the 2019-2020 season

Brees retire (gets a statue in NOLA)

We win 4-5 games for the 2020-2021 season with the number 1 pick

Draft Trevor Lawrence

So you hoping Teddy be Doo Doo grits for a year once Brees retires? Because mediocre ain't gonna get Lawrence. Y'all would have to be absolutely terrible.

I see us dumping players as well after the 2019-2020 season and Teddy aint going to be able to carry us when we do

Its the nature of the beast

Back