Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019 NBA Playoffs West Semifinals: #1 Golden State Warriors vs #4 Harden and the yearly trip to the strip club (GSW wins 4-2)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Imagine them putting Dame in as much action on defense as they put Curry in.

If my memory serves me correctly (and anybody correct me if I'm wrong), the Cavs started switching Curry out on PNR's heavily during their 2nd Finals matchup and that's when this trend started (especially in the subsequent playoffs although most teams still don't do it enough).

They (media) made a lot of excuses for him playing thru injury/being hurt b/c he wasn't knocking down shots, but I honestly thought he was just tired as fuck from actually having to consistently defend and not being able to hide on D.

If my memory serves me correctly (and anybody correct me if I'm wrong), the Cavs started switching Curry out on PNR's heavily during their 2nd Finals matchup and that's when this trend started (especially in the subsequent playoffs although most teams still don't do it enough).

They (media) made a lot of excuses for him playing thru injury/being hurt b/c he wasn't knocking down shots, but I honestly thought he was just tired as fuck from actually having to consistently defend and not being able to hide on D.

Your 100% right. And it’s a smart strategy.

No one can be all word on offense when you’re beat up and mashing the R1 button the entire night on offense and defense. Especially if you are undersized and have sub par physical tools.

Stamina is a finite resource.

He doesn't have the physical tools to be a good defender (short arms, lateral quickness etc)

Effort and ability aren't mutually exclusive. Is Steph a good on ball defender? No but he does try

Yeah effort matters a hell of a lot on defense. No matter how many times you get beat.

I look at it less as Steph trying to be a good or great defender and more as him working on his stamina and toughness so he can be an average team defender in the playoffs and still produce at a high clip on offense.

I dont think Klay going anywhere. If the issue really is touches, its probably gonna be more like if KD wants to leave, Klay and Curry might not be as vocal in meetings trying to keep him

Back