:wdf2: straight bitched that mf

Damn at the stiff arm

Chris Conte gotta turn in his pads

Chris conte bum ass still in the league???? Lol

That muhfucka got PIE-FACED.

kOwQ8ZO.gif

7C0BBBE6-7F90-4E04-8EEC-995DC3CCC7E1.gif

Last edited:
NFL insider notes: Texans should start fire sale, Bortles breaks bad and more from Week 3
The Texans face the Colts with their season on the line in Week 4, and more notes from Week 3 in the NFL

As I wrote in this space a week ago, the Texans look cooked. They don't have anything really going for them, they got pushed around by the reeling 0-2 Giants on Sunday, and I don't fancy their chance of beating the spunky Colts next week. By the time we get to October this could be a lost season, and if this organization is smart it will embrace it. Make like a tanking baseball team and start selling off short-term assets.

I'd start the fire sale with J.J. Watt (scouts I talk to still don't think he's right and wonder if he ever will be close to his old form again) and Whitney Mercilus, who has had a very slow start. They have the cap space to handle the hit from the deal and might as well try to pump that savings into every attempt to extend Jadeveon Clowney, which won't be easy. Watt will be 30 next year, and this team is going to need a youth movement.

In the meantime, with a broken offensive line, the decision to change the offense in the offseason looks like a mistake. Watson, coming off season-ending injury, continues to look pensive and downright lost at times, and there isn't any part of this offense the Texans can bank on right now.

"It looks like (Bill) O'Brien is forcing his offense on Watson instead of opening it up to his legs," said one long-time NFL evaluator. "He needs to back him up and operate from shotgun and not so much under center."

Something better change, because a loss next week at Indianapolis and it's light's out.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ings-ordered-undergo-mental-health-evaluation

Everson Griffen ordered by Vikings to get mental health evaluation

The Minnesota Vikings informed Everson Griffen and his agent last week that the star defensive end would not be allowed back to the team until he underwent a mental health evaluation, according to a police incident report obtained by ESPN's Courtney Cronin.

Leslie Pico, the Vikings' executive director of player development, told police in Minnetrista, Minnesota, that team management sent Griffen and his agent the letter on Thursday, two days before an alleged incident involving Griffen at a Minneapolis hotel.

According to the incident report, Pico told police that Griffen had been "explosive, screaming and yelling" at the team facility and that he had been struggling in recent weeks.

Even though the Vikings want Griffen to undergo the mental health evaluation, Pico told police that Griffen has not done or said anything that led the team to believe that he is a danger to himself or others.

Griffen is being evaluated at a Minneapolis-area hospital, a league source told ESPN's Josina Anderson earlier Tuesday. The source said Griffen is "getting assistance on personal matters" and that the league is "comfortable he has a good support system around him."

Pico also told police that he intended to meet with Griffen on Saturday at Hotel Ivy, where Griffen had been staying. According to a separate incident report obtained earlier Tuesday by ESPN, authorities from the Minneapolis Police Department were called Saturday to Hotel Ivy because an individual was threatening to shoot someone if he wasn't allowed in his room.

Though his name was redacted from the incident report, sources told Cronin that the individual in question at the hotel is Griffen.

Pico told police that upon meeting Griffen at the hotel that the defensive forgot why he wanted to speak to him and did not want to talk to him anymore.

Griffen did not practice last week and was listed as having a knee injury. The Vikings ruled him out of Sunday's game against the Bills because of the injury, and coach Mike Zimmer said after the game that Griffen was not in attendance because he was dealing with a personal matter.

Sources told Anderson that a number of Vikings players and coaches were not aware of Saturday's incident, even at game time on Sunday.

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman said Monday night in a statement that the team was "currently focused on Everson's well-being and providing the appropriate support for him and his family."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24792942/competition-committee-look-roughing-passer-penalties

Competition committee to look at roughing the passer penalties

The NFL's competition committee is scheduled to speak on a conference call next week about the proliferation of roughing the passer penalties, two sources told ESPN on Tuesday.

The sources said the committee is concerned about the frequency of these penalties and has voiced those concerns to the league office.

"There's some concern that the officials are going a little bit too far with some of these calls," one of the sources said.

Through three weeks, there have been 34 roughing the passer calls. Through three games last year, there had been 16, and through three games in 2016, there were 20.

Part of the issue is that the league this year made a "point of emphasis" of a 23-year-old rule that prohibits defenders from landing on the quarterback with their full body weight or driving him into the ground with excessive force. The NFL says that rule has been on the books since 1995 (Rule 12 , Section 2, Article 9) and that it made it a point of emphasis this season after hearing complaints from coaching staffs that it wasn't being enforced. The competition committee issued the following recommendation this offseason:

"The Committee recommends that the Officiating department emphasize that the defender is responsible to avoid landing on the quarterback when taking him to the ground. The Committee also recommended that video be shown to players, coaches, and officials during the offseason demonstrating legal and illegal plays. Examples of rushing defenders getting their bodies to the side during the contact and avoiding putting their body weight on the quarterback must be included so that coaches can teach proper technique."

NFL officials visited all 32 training camps, as they do every year, to explain rule changes and points of emphasis. Video examples were shown of what the league describes as proper and improper technique.

That specific call has been a big part of the early-season controversy, though part of the issue the competition committee has is with hits that don't fit into that category -- for example, the controversial Clay Matthews hit on Kirk Cousins in Week 2 that led to the Vikings' game-tying touchdown. That play was put on the league's weekly teaching tape as an example of how not to sack the quarterback, but one of the sources said the competition committee was confused about whether that penalty should have been called.

"I don't recall ever hearing the terms 'scoop and lift' before," the source said.

The sources both said they don't expect any major changes this season, though discussions are ongoing and could eventually include officials.

Giants should holla at Eric Reid. Our Free Safety can't take proper angles at offensive players. If we could trade for Earl Thomas giants offense could be top 5. Send Seattle a 5th or 6th and go all in this year.

James Harrison: Le’Veon Bell should sign with the Steelers and fake an injury
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 26, 2018, 6:29 AM EDT
gettyimages-631226432-e1537957683650.jpg

Getty Images

The best-case scenario for unsigned Steelers franchise running back Le'Veon Bell would be to hit unrestricted free agency next year without taking any further wear and tear on his body. The problem is, if Bell shows up to play at any point this season, he’s going to risk an injury. And if he never shows up to work, he doesn’t get the accrued season he needs to become a free agent.

Former Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison has the perfect solution to Bell’s predicament: Sign the franchise tag before the deadline to get an accrued season, show up to work with the Steelers, but fake an injury to prevent himself from playing in any games.

“I think the play for Le’Veon, if I’m Le’Veon, is I’m coming back — what is it, November 13? — and I’m gonna go in there, I’m gonna get my credit for the season I need to get, and I’m gonna do the best I can to get out of that season healthy. And, for me, I’d give you everything in practice, you would see — the cameras would see — that I am fine, I am healthy. But come Saturday, ‘Something ain’t right, I can’t play on Sunday.’ Because if I go out here and I mess something up I’m losing a lot of money,” Harrison said on FS1.

Harrison makes an interesting case: Injured players still get paid and still accrue a season toward free agency. But there are problems with the plan. For starters, the Steelers would surely suspect that Bell was faking it and would argue that they’re entitled to suspend him without pay, rather than having to pay him. They’d also likely argue that a player can’t accrue a season while he’s suspended for faking injuries, and that would go before an arbitrator who might not find in Bell’s favor.

There’s also the question of whether any team would give Bell a big contract in free agency this year if he shows himself to be the kind of player who fakes injuries to get out of playing. Holding out is one thing. Signing a contract and then immediately refusing to honor it is something else.

So Harrison’s idea probably wouldn’t work the way he thinks it would. Even though Bell may find it intriguing.

I was talking to a co-worker and said I would do the same thing.

Holla my hamstring is tight every game lmao

Back