Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 MVP of the Year Nomination Thread

Kanye ran 2018 like or not

Ye
Kids See Ghosts
Nasir
Daytona
Whats her faces album....

He even made it to the white house and said free Larry Hoover.

Poopity Scoop

Em gets in at #2

He bounced back from Revival pumped his chest out and dared anyone to test his skills. He demanded respect be put back on his name.

Nobody was down to battle.... But mgk

#3 is Budden.

@AP21 is right. He flipped his lil stint at Everyday Struggle into a 2nd career with his Pod going to Spotify and his Revolt Deal.

He still a hoe for being shook of Em.

Styles-3 great albums, artist of the year

Gambino- most controversial video of the year. And the TV show was bonkers

J Cole- great album, chilling live performances

I was gonna mention the man in the red hat but he ruined his good shit with his fuck shit

I don't think some of y'all get the premise of the thread

Y'all naming folks with cult followings. How can they possibly be considered for the MVP of hip hop?

Not saying they don't get busy on the mic but y'all naming people who no one outside of this thread probably knows

Yea Styles isn't an A list rapper in 2018, but he put in work. Either way, Cole should win.

Yea Styles isn't an A list rapper in 2018, but he put in work. Either way, Cole should win.
I wasn't talking about styles. An argument could actually be made for him getting at least a valid mvp mention. He probably would be a better 6th man type candidate but some of these other rappers being named,I just don't understand it outside of them just wanting those dudes to get some recognition. Which ain't a bad thing, but this not the thread for that.

If we're talking hip hop, lets talk hip hop. If not, it would be the same five to 7 artist that we've been voting on in the 'Who Ran 201X' threads. Marci and GxFR are leading a resurgence in NY mafioso and grimey rap. In the scheme of hip-hop, especially the same NY hip hop that 50 Cent almost killed, that's a major accomplishment. Kendrick brought back the hip-hop soundtrack, big accimplishment. Nah, they won't win, but they deserve respect and mentioning. I'd much rather highlight that than spend time talking about why I didn't care for a lot of the nominees on here, and I listened to most of them. Except Kanye, because I stopped eating pork a long time ago.

Back