Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 MVP of the Year Nomination Thread

What's the criteria

It's up to u fam.

I tried taking everything into acct; albums, guest verses, impact, sales, influence, etc.

Cole checked the most boxes. He got the sales, the high quality album, u can argue he has 3 of the best top 10 guest verses this year, his artist J.I.D put out a dope project, Bas even dropped a good project, etc.

What did styles P do this year

Legit question

Joe Budden
Pusha
TBD

I'm gonna replace dave east with Pusha. Dropped one of the best albums of the year according to most and was the first nigga to beat Drake in a battle. Definitely MVP stats.

1. Cole
2. Styles
3. Pusha

I'm gonna replace dave east with Pusha. Dropped one of the best albums of the year according to most and was the first nigga to beat Drake in a battle. Definitely MVP stats.

1. Cole
2. Styles
3. Pusha

@Goldie
Will Childish Gambino fit the criteria? he came with 2 classic music videos this year and the number 1 on the Billboard Top 100

upload_2018-12-2_16-50-43.gif

1) Cole-dope album, dope features & for not sitting on J.I.D. project

2) Pusha T- dope album, dope features and for being on SportsCenter & thrashin’ Aubrey

3) Meek- getting outta jail, supported by ya city & vets, putting out a pretty good album and for just bouncing back

Budden turned his exile from complex into his own show and the pod got picked up as well

That has to count for something

I wanted to keep it music related, but outside of music , Budden is easily the MVP within the culture.

Back