Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 Battle Rap Power Ranking thread

Sage Wonder

Scary Hours
I wanted to start a discussion on where we rate the battlers as we end the year. What is the race for battler of the year looking like? Let's talk about it I'm inviting all healthy debates and convo.

I think it's best we do it in increments, debate a top 5 and then when that's penciled in, debate a top 10 etc. Should get to at least 15 but could easily do a top 20.

I did the due dilligence to note all the battles that happened this year, though only on the major platforms URL, KOTD & RBE. If it didn't happen on those platforms I didn't note it as level of competition is highly weighted, but if you have an argument to make (IE chilla jones on other leagues), then by all means state your case.

URL Survivor Series DMV (01.20.2018)
Nu Jerzey Twork vs Mr Wavy >>> CHAMPION OF THE NIGHT
Jakkboy maine vs Jerry Wess
Ryda vs Prez Mafia
Young X vs Moon
Holmzie Da God vs Craig Lamar
Snakeyez vs Mack Mel

RBE Lift His Soul 4 (02.03.2018)
Goodz vs Jimz
Bigg K vs John John Da Don
Clips & DNA vs Young Kannon & Big Kannon
Showoff vs Loso

KOTD Ganik vs Gully 2 (02.03.2018)
Cortez vs A.Ward
Math Hoffa vs Shotti P
Real Deal vs Dunsh
Ness Lee vs Eddy I
Chilla Jones vs Krome

URL Smack Vol. 2 (03.31.2018)
Arsonal vs Hollow Da Don
Cortez vs O-Red >>> CHAMPION OF THE NIGHT & BOTY Contend
John John Da Don vs Rum Nitty
Nu Jerzey Twork vs Aye Verb
T-Top vs Bigg K
Mike P vs Young Kannon

RBE Pearly Gates 2 (05.05.2018)
Pat Stay vs Aye Verb
Daylyt vs Loso
Math Hoffa vs Ill Will

URL Born Legacy Supreme 2 (05.12.2018)
DNA vs O-Red
Charlie Clips vs Ave
Cortez vs Ryda
Shotgun Suge vs Glueazy
Math Hoffa vs Snakeyez
X-Factor vs Jerry Wess
JC vs Geechi GottI >>> CHAMPION OF THE NIGHT
Danja Zone vs R Streetz

KOTD Massacre 4 (05.19.2018)
Math Hoffa vs Real Deal
Big T vs Oops
Chilla Jones vs Iron Solomon >>> BOTY Contend
Head Ice vs Nems
E Ness vs The Saurus
Loso vs Money Bagz
MadFlex vs Xcel

URL Survivor Series DMV 2 (06.02.2018)
Mr Wavy vs Chef Trez
Tech 9 vs Jimz
Young X vs Qleen Paper
Big Kannon vs Holmzie Da God
Th3 Saga vs B Magic
Jakkboy Maine vs Nunn Nunn
Born vs Joe

URL Nome 8 (06.23.2018)
Tsu Surf vs Rum Nitty
Goodz vs Tay Roc
Charlie Clips vs Brizz Rawsteen
DNA vs JC
Shotgun Suge vs Nu Jerzey Twork >>> CHAMPION OF THE NIGHT
Ill Will vs T-Top

URL Initiation (07.18.2018)
Rum Nitty vs Brizz Rawsteen
Geechi Gotti vs Tech 9 >>> CHAMPION OF THE NIGHT
B Dot vs Mike P
Pass vs Young Kannon
Emerson Kennedy vs Th3 Saga
Stuey Newton vs Snakeyez

URL Summer Madness 7 (08 .11.2018)
Tay Roc vs Hitman Holla
T-Rex vs Reed Dollaz
Iron Solomon vs JC
Nu Jerzey Twork vs DNA
Ave vs Math Hoffa
Ill Will vs O-Red
Geechi Gotti vs Shotgun Suge >>> CHAMPION OF THE NIGHT

RBE Rare Breeds (08.18.2018)
Murda Mook vs Aye Verb >>> BOTY contend
King Los vs Head Ice
B Dot vs Swave Sevah
Iron Solomon vs Bigg K
Pat Stay vs Danny Myers
Ill Will vs Big T
Qleen Paper vs Jai 400 Block

Here's what I came up with and we can use this as a template to shuffle the names. A lot of this is still pending on URL to release footage from as far back as May.

1. Geechi Gotti.
3 battles. 3 champion of the night wins. 2 highlight battles.

2. Aye Verb.
3 battles. 1 judged loss. 2 debatable classics. 2 highlight battles of the year

3. JC.
3 battles. 1 debatable classic. 1 debatable win(potential classic). 1 shaky win. 2 highlight battles of the year

4. Iron Solomon.
3 battles. 1 debatable classic. 1 debatable loss(potential classic). 1 consesus win. 2 highlight battles of the year.

5. B Dot.
2 battles. 1 debatable win, 1 consensus win. 2 highlight battles of the year.

6. Loso.
3 battles. 1 judged win, 2 consensus wins. 2 highlight battles of the year (i hate loso lol)

7. JJDD.
2 battles. 2 consesus wins. 2 highlight battles of the year

8. Pat Stay.
2 battles. 1 judged win. 1 debatable. 2 highlight battles of the year.

9. Ill Will.
4 battles. 2 clear wins. 2 debatables. 2 highlight battles of the year.

10. Math Hoffa.
5 battles. 2 standout wins. 2 forgettable wins. 1 clear loss. 2 highlight battles of the year

11. Nu Jerzey Twork.
4 Battles. 2 clear losses, 1 debatable win, 1 champion of the night win. 2 highlight battles of the year.

12. Cortez.
3 battles. 2 debatable wins, 1 debatable classic. 1 highlight battle of the year

13. Ave.
2 battles. 2 clear wins. 0 highlight battles of the year (not his fault, unlucky)

14. O-Red.
3 battles. 1 debatable classic. 2 debatables. 1 highlight battle of the year

15. Tay Roc.
2 battles. 1 debatable classic. 1 consensus loss. 1 highlight battle of the year

16. Rum Nitty.
3 battles. 1 debatable loss. 1 debatable. 1 consesus win. 1 highlight battle of the year

17. DNA.
4 battles. 1 default win, 1 clear win, 1 debatable, 1 bad peformance. 1 highlight battle of the year.

18. Chilla Jones.
2 battles. 1 debatable classic. 1 forgettable win. 1 highlight battle of the year.

19. Mr Wavy.
2 battles. 1 champion of the night win. 1 standout win. 1 highlight battle of the year

20. Goodz.
2 battles. 1 trash battle. 1 standout debatable classic. 1 highlight battle of the year

21. Mike P.
2 battles. 2 debatables. 1 highlight battle of the year.

22. Ryda.
2 battles. 1 standout win, 1 debatable loss. 1 highlight battle of the year

23. Shotgun Suge.
3 battles. 2 consensus losses. 1 classic debatable. 1 highlight battle.

24. Charlie Clips.
3 battles. 1 standout performance. 1 trash performance. 1 consesus win. 1 highlight battle of the year

25. T-Top.
2 battles. 1 clear win, 1 clear loss. 0 highlight battles of the year.

Let's talk about it..

That should be dope. I'm down. I'll do some research tonight and make a top 5 list.

Twork easily would have been top 5 but he fucked that up so bad. Started off the year bad with wavy, the recycling fiasco, the embarassment at sm7, no showing battles. Same with ill will and math hoffa.. ill will arguably lost to an o red that literally did not have a 2nd and rapped his 3rd with his voice gone, i couldn't put him higher.

This should be Fun , But all you niggas that be lurking should PARTICIPATE please!!!!!

@Sage Wonder what about K-Shine, Mike P, Young Kannon, Brizz rawsteen

Chef Trez ,B-Dot, Danny Myers

Last edited:
1. Geechi
2. O Red
3. Iron Solomon

See idk about O Red. His dna battle was not a good look, that hurt him to me. And he lost his voice with ill will and only had 2 rounds..

This should be Fun , But all you niggas that be lurking should PARTICIPATE please!!!!!

@Sage Wonder what about K-Shine, Mike P, Young Kannon, Brizz rawsteen

Chef Trez ,B-Dot, Danny Myers

I had Mike P at 21. That's subject to change I have to see his battle with b dot. Young Kannon had a debatable with Mike P that I had him losing, and i haven't seen or heard about his battle with Pass. Brizz had a terrible year this year.

K Shine had a great battle but it was on i think bullpen so i didn't write it down. What other battles he had this year? If it's right we can find a spot for him on that board. His battle with danny myers was 2017, even though it released in 2018.

Same with danny he has battles outside of the main 3 platforms i based this on (URL, KOTD, RBE).. he only had 1 battle on that platform which was a good performance vs pat stay. That's another one that can be argued, what other battles he had this year??

B Dot is at 5, which is probably too high.. still need to see that mike p battle but i heard really high praise, but i saw his swave battle and that was a great look

What sucks is there are still battles from may that URL didn't drop yet... like geechi gotti vs JC & cortez vs ryda. I didn't see any of the battles from survivor series 2 & initiation

See idk about O Red. His dna battle was not a good look, that hurt him to me. And he lost his voice with ill will and only had 2 rounds..

I had Mike P at 21. That's subject to change I have to see his battle with b dot. Young Kannon had a debatable with Mike P that I had him losing, and i haven't seen or heard about his battle with Pass. Brizz had a terrible year this year.

K Shine had a great battle but it was on i think bullpen so i didn't write it down. What other battles he had this year? If it's right we can find a spot for him on that board. His battle with danny myers was 2017, even though it released in 2018.

Same with danny he has battles outside of the main 3 platforms i based this on (URL, KOTD, RBE).. he only had 1 battle on that platform which was a good performance vs pat stay. That's another one that can be argued, what other battles he had this year??

B Dot is at 5, which is probably too high.. still need to see that mike p battle but i heard really high praise, but i saw his swave battle and that was a great look
Regardless he’s still undefeated in 2018.

That's another thing we need to decide on. What's more important, winning a bad battle or debatably losing a great battle? O Red only has 1 good battle out of those. 14 might be too low but #2 gotta be way too high.

There's about 14 people on that list that you could argue won all their battles. It's too subjective for that to be the main criteria. How good was the performance independent of a win/loss ? I could argue verb is 0-3 this year, but since a large percentage has him beating mook and arguably twork i have to respect that in the rankings.

Aye Verb lost a judged battle against Pat Stay. Let that sink in. Pat. Stay.

One clear loss- Pat Stay
One debatable- Twork
One clear win- Mook

Back