Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So AD not gonna play again this season.

This shit is crazy when you think about it.

I get it from the Pelicans perspective. They trying to tank, and more importantly they cant allow AD to get hurt.

I get it from ADs perspective too. Once you demand a trade and shit dont go through and you know you're getting traded for sure in the offseason, you not trying to go out there.

But from an NBA businesd perspective? You really gonna let a top 5 player demand a trade and then not play 27 games when the trade doesnt go through?

Thats a baaaaad optic man.

I get it from the Pelicans perspective. They trying to tank, and more importantly they cant allow AD to get hurt.

I get it from ADs perspective too. Once you demand a trade and shit dont go through and you know you're getting traded for sure in the offseason, you not trying to go out there.

But from an NBA businesd perspective? You really gonna let a top 5 player demand a trade and then not play 27 games when the trade doesnt go through?

Isn’t the NBA going to fine the Pelicans if they hold a healthy Anthony Davis out of games? I could’ve sworn that ESPN reported that.

I don’t blame New Orleans for not letting him play though.

Brother where you hearing this from?

Isn’t the NBA going to fine the Pelicans if they hold a healthy Anthony Davis out of games? I could’ve sworn that ESPN reported that.

I don’t blame New Orleans for not letting him play though.

Nothing concrete has been reported yet but it seems like the NBA is gonna soften its stance.

I think seeing AD hurt his shoulder is forcing the NBA to reconsider.

If AD suffers a considerable injury and the Pelicans cant trade him it will set the franchise back for years and in the long run and that will damage the league and hurt Silver in the eyes of the owners.

Shit is a sticky situation.

I bet they are gonna change how trade requests are handled in the coming seasons.

Brother where you hearing this from?

Yall gonna think im being funny when I say I know people that know.

The NBA offices are debating now and will decide soon but it looks like they gonna soften the penalty for AD not playing. The Pelicans are really pushing the league to allow AD to sit the rest of the season and the other owners are backing the Pelicans and putting pressure on the league too.

But idk what the solution is. Lose lose for what Silver ends up doing. Even though its the owners pushing for AD to sit, him sitting looks like the players are running the league to fans. Cause you get a player demanding a trade, and then not playing till he gets traded.

Yall gonna think im being funny when I say I know people that know.

The NBA offices are debating now and will decide soon but it looks like they gonna soften the penalty for AD not playing. The Pelicans are really pushing the league to allow AD to sit the rest of the season and the other owners are backing the Pelicans and putting pressure on the league too.

But idk what the solution is. Lose lose for what Silver ends up doing. Even though its the owners pushing for AD to sit, him sitting looks like the players are running the league to fans. Cause you get a player demanding a trade, and then not playing till he gets traded.

True fans of the league will understand why he is sitting. Shit the Pelicans and Davis team could just lie and say he has an injury like Kawhi did. Lmao.

I heard the press conference Adam Silver gave talking about not liking when trade demands are made public. I honestly don’t think they can enforce people not making it public. I mean they could fine players more but what a lot of the info that hits the news is or can be called a rumor.

Either people are going to say he is just staying for the money or when he leaves via free agency or asks for a trade in the future people are going to use this interview against him. Lol.

You damned if you do, damned if you don’t and you can never please everybody. So just do what makes you happy.

I love his loyal (so far) and competitive nature and I hope he stays in Portland and helps them win a championship one day though.

True fans of the league will understand why he is sitting. Shit the Pelicans and Davis team could just lie and say he has an injury like Kawhi did. Lmao.

I heard the press conference Adam Silver gave talking about not liking when trade demands are made public. I honestly don’t think they can enforce people not making it public. I mean they could fine players more but what a lot of the info that hits the news is or can be called a rumor.

Imo teams and players are gonna be on the same page when it comes to agreeing that this AD shit is not a good look for anyone.

I think the players association and the NBA are gonna agree that what Rich Paul did, which was coming out and vocally requesting a trade, i think that wont happen anymore, but teams will now have to take a players demands seriously before it goes public now.

Teams aint just gon trade their best player without somebody coming out saying something.

If AD would have been traded and we didn't know he wanted to it would like bad as fuck for the team and the player would get off easy

Teams aint just gon trade their best player without somebody coming out saying something.

If AD would have been traded and we didn't know he wanted to it would like bad as fuck for the team and the player would get off easy

Theres no way keep a trade request a secret. People will leak the request as soon as the Pelicans call teams to talk trades.

But I think it would be handled as AD told the Pelicans he doesnt plan to resign so the Pels are doing whats best for the team instead of it sounding so forceful like what this AD shit ended up like.

The next time somebody from Kenner come out I ain't giving them no promo
Bruh all the talent in Kenner (literally the whole GoodSense roster) my partner who I got a EP dropping with soon, and etc is better than him. Don't have low standards bruh lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back