Welcome To aBlackWeb

2 Black Men Exonerated For 1991 Rape They Didn't Commit

I give no fucks about NONE of how that works

I know mf's are getting rich in politics and guns and oil

they can dig up paper when they need it

my raggedy ass city just built a million dollar dog park that NOBODY wanted

Last edited:
im not saying they shouldnt get ANYTHING, but he talking $20M a piece??

nah

but i have a different pov b/c i know firsthand how the state budgets operate from fiscal year to fiscal year. They aint got millions of dollars sitting to the side to pay out wrongfully convicted people.

They found the money to prosecute, house, guard, food and medical for over twenty five years. They can find the money to pay them. We don't get to say how our tax dollars are spent. We just elect officials in the hopes they don't waste it.

I give no fucks about how NONE of how that works

I know mf's are getting rich in politics and guns and oil

they can dig up paper when they need it

my raggedy ass city just built a million dollar dog park that NOBODY wanted

ok...thats a million dollars

not $20M

and trust me...if its a dog park, those dog lovers fully supported that initiative...YOU might not personally get anything from it, but that decision wasnt just made on a whim.

They found the money to prosecute, house, guard, food and medical for over twenty five years. They can find the money to pay them. We don't get to say how our tax dollars are spent. We just elect officials in the hopes they don't waste it.
agree 10000%

But again, most prison setups are privately run with some sort of state support

Prisons are for profit but who is responsible for paying out funds to wrongfully accused? its not the private entity that housed them.

But they got trillions of dollars to spend on the military though.

not the state, but yeah

if its a law enforcement need its not even thought about twice

a cop got shot here last year.....I didnt even know we had THAT MANY fucking police tanks and helicopters and all the bullshit they brought out to catch one man who never left a 4 block radius.....they had folks from 3 different parishes out here

civilian gets killed they dont move a muscle or spend a dollar and solely rely on people to snitch

ok...thats a million dollars

not $20M

and trust me...if its a dog park, those dog lovers fully supported that initiative...YOU might not personally get anything from it, but that decision wasnt just made on a whim.

AP this shit was on the news for months

NOBODY wanted this shit...the whole city was against it

we have so many fucked up schools with no A/C and people live on streets u cant drive down without fucking your car up

that shit was built for a group of maybe 30 white people who wanted a cool place for their pooch to shit

the amount wasnt my point.....they will pull money out of a hat for shit they care about

I know what I mentioned but whether state or federal they can get the money when they need to.
no man lol

State's get revenue from projected tax collections, etc

like here, they project what they may get from the cost of barrels of oil at any given point of time which is dependent on the economy.

so if they project with all revenue, taxes, etc...lets say $100M (to keep the numbers small), they are trying to make sure they fund healthcare and education. At least in theory, then everything else gets the scraps.

how are they just gonna find money in the middle of the year once all of its been allocated?

AP this shit was on the news for months

NOBODY wanted this shit...the whole city was against it

we have so many fucked up schools with no A/C and people live on streets u cant drive down without fucking your car up

that shit was built for a group of maybe 30 white people who wanted a cool place for their pooch to shit

the amount wasnt my point.....they will pull money out of a hat for shit they care about
ahh ok

I see your point

no man lol

State's get revenue from projected tax collections, etc

like here, they project what they may get from the cost of barrels of oil at any given point of time which is dependent on the economy.

so if they project with all revenue, taxes, etc...lets say $100M (to keep the numbers small), they are trying to make sure they fund healthcare and education. At least in theory, then everything else gets the scraps.

how are they just gonna find money in the middle of the year once all of its been allocated?
The same way they find money when things pop up unexpectedly.

im not saying they shouldnt get ANYTHING, but he talking $20M a piece??

nah

but i have a different pov b/c i know firsthand how the state budgets operate from fiscal year to fiscal year. They aint got millions of dollars sitting to the side to pay out wrongfully convicted people.

In that case they shouldn't be putting people in living hell for 30 years of their lives. It's not even like they just got locked up for a crime they didn't commit - they got locked up for a crime that didn't even happen. 30 years is what you give to someone who is guilty beyond a shadow of doubt and cannot be redeemed.

And also they need to name the two scumbags that set these guys up. The woman is not and never was a victim so if they can't charge her due to the statute of limitations they can at least shame her publicly.

The same way they find money when things pop up unexpectedly.
i think we are talking past each other

b/c if you expect the state to do this, at what cost? Do you cut healthcare in the middle of the budget year to pay for a wrongfully convicted person?

There aint no line item in the budget for this fam

Now, i have no idea how the federal govt works b/c i agree with you, when its time to go to the war, the pocket books just stay open for some reason.

In that case they shouldn't be putting people in living hell for 30 years of their lives. It's not even like they just got locked up for a crime they didn't commit - they got locked up for a crime that didn't even happen. 30 years is what you give to someone who is guilty beyond a shadow of doubt and cannot be redeemed.

And also they need to name the two scumbags that set these guys up. The woman is not and never was a victim so if they can't charge her due to the statute of limitations they can at least shame her publicly.

agreed, but thats a different issue altogether...Thats the DA and shit

i think we are talking past each other

b/c if you expect the state to do this, at what cost? Do you cut healthcare in the middle of the budget year to pay for a wrongfully convicted person?

There aint no line item in the budget for this fam

Now, i have no idea how the federal govt works b/c i agree with you, when its time to go to the war, the pocket books just stay open for some reason.
We not talking past each other. You’re talking about the logistics while I’m talking about the absolute. When it’s time to spend money on things they want to spend money on they do it. But you’re already making excuses for them.

agree 10000%

But again, most prison setups are privately run with some sort of state support

Prisons are for profit but who is responsible for paying out funds to wrongfully accused? its not the private entity that housed them.

Private run prisons are run all by state and fed support. The state or feds pays the prison company for each prisoner they are housing. Based off the money for each prisoner is how the staff is paid, food company is contracted, etc. Without money from the state or feds private prisons wouldn't exist.

The crazy part is the way the laws have been set up private prisons can cut more corners to save money on services provided to prisoners than the state and fed run prisons.

We not talking past each other. You’re talking about the logistics while I’m talking about the absolute. When it’s time to spend money on things they want to spend money on they do it. But you’re already making excuses for them.
and im telling you, that as a state, they cant just come up with money like you think

i will add this to the convo though, as I specifically know about Louisiana, but im sure other states are similar

we have what are called Revenue Estimating Conferences like every 3 months or so. At that point, the economist makes a projection based on collections. Sometimes, he may say he is projecting an increase in oil revenue, or a decline.

Lets say he is projecting an increase. It aint like its a lot of money in the first place in the grand scheme of things, but even then, lets just say its $20M in additional revenue. They still have to have a meeting on how to spend it and what to spend it on. And the LAST thing they are gonna think about is paying some wrongfully convicted person, b/c most if not all the red states, are operating in deficits mid year, and have to plug those holes to keep services from being discontinued.

so again, i ask, where are they gonna get this money?

Back